Do you see yourself standing alone or standing out? Make the difference and join our team! We are looking for a Business Analyst – Static Data Management, Insurance of securitized certificates and automated documentation (m/f/d)
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 147,000 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
The role of the IT team is to maintain and develop core eTrading systems and to support the Global Markets trading desk for Listed Products.
The IT applications landscape contains mainly:
- the manufacturing process with e.g. a highly automated issuance process for in average 2.500 securitized certificates per day
- 60 Websites to support the B2B2C Sales Approach to reach out to retail customers
- inhouse developed eTrading platforms:
- ICOM as the OTC Trading Platform for Warrants, Turbos and Certificates, able to price and trade hundreds of thousands of instruments in parallel
- Jaguar as Market Making Platform for ETF Trading
- the CFD Platform Panther, hosting the CFD Business for multiple retail brokers following a white labeling approach
The applications the Business Analyst needs to deal with contain a wide variety of static data and the outcoming legal documentation. The work contains a strong collaboration between the business department (mainly legal) and the IT. As a connector between these two units, you will be asked for support, giving input in both directions and helping on decision finding.
As a Business Analyst you will act as functional leader for any new features required by the business and will accompany the realization throughout the entire development lifecycle of those features from the initial idea to functional validation and post production follow up. Continuous improvement and extensive functions and features are needed to keep the market share and convince new clients always aiming for the best services offered and unique User Experience related to our flow products. This covers the Front End as well as a very complex Back End services and functions to integrate upstream and downstream systems for Product Static Data, Intraday Issue Process, Lifecycle Events, Pricing Data (real-time and historical prices) and required regulatory and legal Documents.
Use your expertise as Business Analyst to:
- Analyze and clarify business requirements collected from our business partners through workshops, interviews, story maps etc.
- Design IT solutions adapted to the environment and respecting business exigencies with estimations built with developers. Provoke decision for investment (or not) to our business partners regarding interest & return on investment
- Comply with architecture principles
- Slice features into user stories while providing detailed functional specifications to developers especially using examples through BDD methodology and tools (Jira, Cucumber, Specflow…)
- Validate user stories (features) implementation by proceeding to functional testing
- Coordinate all testing phases (Functional, Integration, UAT with end users)
- Document the architecture schemes, functional specifications by using BDD tools (Cucumber, Specflow…) for new implemented features
- Promote and contribute to team work
- Share knowledge with other team members
Experience and Technical Skills:
- IT Background: Business Informatics or University Degree with IT Cursus or equivalent with significant experiences in Investment Banking and Financial Products
- Interested in technology and in the different opportunities to bring to banking industry
- Good understanding of IT concepts & architecture. Familiar with using specific tools for testing purpose for instance. SQL queries do not afraid you.
- Experience in Agile project setup (SCRUM, KANBAN, etc.)
- German and fluent English necessary to work in an international environment
Personal Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills necessary to work with colleagues from different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Able to establish credibility quickly with the business lines and other stakeholders
- Interest in learning more about products with complex structures and payoffs
- Strong level of autonomy expected especially facing our business partners
- Good analytical skills
- Good organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Articulate, friendly and approachable Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
What we offer
- An international team
- Exciting missions
- A dynamic working environment
- Development opportunities within the Société Générale group
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, thrive on a challenge and want to become a part of a dedicated and driven team that strives for success, then please apply with a CV, cover letter and work certificates.
At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person based on aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, nationality or ethnic origin.