At Omio, we are quickly changing the way people travel and we are growing at a fast pace. We're operating at worldwide level and expanding in new geographies.
At the heart of our success is our team. We are searching for a talented and experience Senior Data Scientist to drive great customer experience through data-driven insights and personalisation, and enable our business to get big impact from big data, advanced and smart analytics in order to drive superior growth.
Driven by our team of over 300 people from more than 40 different countries, Omio is changing the way we travel across Europe. With Omio you can compare and book trains, buses and flights to anywhere in Europe with one simple search, on mobile, app or desktop. By offering transparent pricing and easy booking, Omio makes travel planning simple, flexible and personal.
With over 800 European transportation partners across 15 countries, Omio is one of Europe's fastest growing travel companies backed by 20 million monthly users and the world's leading tech investors.
- Collaborate closely with the Product team to develop a customer-driven and data-driven strategy to drive product evolution
- Perform statistical analyses - including A/B tests and pre/post analyses - on feature usage to advise on feature adoption and evolution
- Develop customer segmentations and path analyses to drive feature evolution and web/app personalisation
- Develop insights and predictive models on key KPIs such as Retention and CLV
- Prototype data-driven features based on insights and/or machine learning models
- Generate tactical insights from analytics and visualisation to drive product strategy
- Act as an advocate of our company's data-driven culture: produce reports that are actionable, dashboards that are diagnostic, and recommendations that drive growth
What you'll bring to the table
- You proactively take action, drive toward clarity, and think holistically
- You thrive in a diverse, interdisciplinary environment
- You possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with business and technical stakeholders
- You have a scientific mindset; backed by solid analytical problem solving skills, strong attention to detail, and a mild obsession with data accuracy
- You enjoy informing, influencing, and shaping product decisions with data
- You are proficient in SQL with an understanding of database management
- You have development experience in either Python or R
- You have experience with reporting tools such as Tableau or Excel
- You are grounded in Statistics
- You have strong experience with econometrics, data mining, and/or machine learning
- You have experience in one of - product analytics, customer analytics, marketing analytics, recommendation systems - in an e-commerce environment
- 3+ years non-academic experience in data science
What's in it for you? #LifeAtOmio
- Annual travel allowance to fund your trips and adventures
- Catered weekly lunches and monthly company events
- German classes and yoga sessions
- An educational budget for courses or workshops to help you gain even more skills
- A diverse team of more than 45 nationalities
Diversity makes us stronger
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age or disability.
Intrigued? Apply here in English.