We are looking for a data analyst with a solid technical background – alternatively, a data engineer with a healthy dose of interest in analytics – to help us sort out and make sense of the Uplay PC data behemoth.
The Uplay PC team is spread over many Ubisoft studios, with the core team in Malmö, Sweden. The Uplay PC Data Analyst will be responsible for maintaining, building, and enhancing the Uplay PC data analytics data warehousing queue: getting event-based and other data types from the diverse Uplay PC ecosystem into the existing DWH, while providing data reporting and analytics on these. He/She will work closely with the business and the technical team members to gather and analyze business and technical requirements and will develop standards, usage guidelines, and procedures for data management tools and protocols.
- Deploy, grow, and maintain the in-house event-based and backend data.
- Liaise with the DWH/ETL development team in Chengdu, China, the corporate tools team in Montreal, Canada, and the Uplay PC backend team in Malmö, Sweden.
- Provide data and analysis upon request and supply these to enterprise analysts within Ubisoft.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of analytic data, from requirements to implementation, maintenance, and usage.
- Review and recommend emerging technologies and prepare strategies for future products.
- Optimize performance of the entire pipeline in co-operation with the technical team.
- Travel requirements: an initial onboarding will happen in Malmö, Sweden, and semi-regular visits to the Uplay PC team in Malmö are encouraged.
- Good knowledge of SQL-based languages (MySQL, MSSQL/transactSQL, Hive,
- Experienced in (analytics) scripting languages, such as R or Python.
- Experienced in DWH, ETLs, pipeline setup, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of non-related storage technologies (Key-value stores, object databases, etc.) is a plus.
- Familiarity with dashboarding/reporting solutions is a must, Tableau and/or Microstrategy a plus.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent English and communication skills. Knowledge of Chinese and/or Swedish is a plus.
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike
- Subsidized lunch meals, possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
We are offering highly motivating challenges for true team players with a high level of self-initiative. If you are passionate about about games and wish to join an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career Portal.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Blue Byte GmbH