Data Engineer (m/f/d) *
for the Reinsurance Development Central Division
Munich , Germany
Reinsurance Development (RID) is a central division of Munich Re that combines all functions of strategy development and implementation, organizational design, corporate client management, data analytics, innovation management, and new-client services like risk management partners. As a data engineer for operations in RID1.4.1, you are responsible for developing state-of-the-art data-driven, solutions at a big data scale.
- Working on data-driven solutions and building data ingestion and machine-learning pipelines
- Focusing on automation and dev-ops principles to develop scalable and production-ready solutions in cloud-native big data architecture
- Using our existing cognitive services such as Smart & Fuzzy Matching, Flamingo, etc. to structure unstructured or semi-structured data
- Collaborating closely with Data Science and Data Analytics teams to build predictive models, and to train deep learning models at scale
- Keeping customer value in focus and thinking of how to create business benefit with analytics, data & AI
- University degree in computer science, engineering, or an equivalent qualification, as well as a minimum of 3 years of experience as a data engineer on a project with cloud technology
- In-depth practical experience in modern cloud-based micro-service architectures and data processing at the big data scale
- Expert knowledge in agile development with SCRUM and a continuous delivery approach. Basic understanding of ITIL and classical operations processes
- Good understanding of cloud-based security, writing secure and production-ready code
- Outstanding SQL skills and expert coding skills in Java, Python, or R, as well as experience in ETL and/or streaming solutions preferred.
- Capable of developing a holistic approach and of abstract reasoning, as well as the ability to communicate complex issues to internal and external non-professionals in an easily understandable way
- Strong service orientation, target-driven, high degree of intercultural competence, motivated team player
- Fluent business English is mandatory, German is an advantage; willingness to travel
Munich Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you. Please click on the link to apply online.
Münchener Rückversicherungs-GesellschaftVeronika BuchhierlHuman ResourcesKöniginstraße 10780802 MünchenGERMANY