About the job :
At HeroKey we've been developing software for events since 2015. Our clients include Melt Festival, splash! Festival, Lollapalooza Berlin, and more.
Our software provides B2B partners with accreditation, payments and engagement with customers. With our products, we are pioneering towards a seamless, secure and stress-free experience in the festival and entertainment industry. HeroKey is expanding its team in all areas to handle increasing demand from international festival promoters and distribution partners in South Africa.
To make our clients better and better. You want to handle multiple stakeholders in projects, deliver structured requirements, and drive the implementation of a company-wide data strategy.
During events of various sizes, you will observe the Herokey toolset in the wild and generate learnings for further improvements. When you're not out in the wild, you'll be working out of our office in Rummelsburg and be part of a dynamic, international team.
- 4+ years of experience working in big data environments
- Experience in visualizing data and structuring reports for various audiences.
- High ability to solve problems and to structure and simplify complex scenarios
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with Postgres databases and cloud-based infrastructure eg Google Cloud
- Good coding knowledge in a scripting language such as Python, R, Ruby etc.
- Understanding Machine Learning methods and techniques
- Conceptualize and lead implementation of architectures for real-time data processing
- Liaise with our development team to establish approaches for efficient data processing and mining
- Deliver automated reports, dashboards and visualizations for various audiences
- Manage big data and reporting backlogs, align priorities and develop roadmaps to align with the business strategy
- Establish a toolset that provides a basic data analysis suite as well as allows the usage of more advanced tools such as tableau, metabase or Microsoft BI
- Maintaining awareness of "state of the art" technologies for data analytics, data warehousing, processing and machine learning
- Provide analytical insights on how to use our products to help our product management team to prioritize features and improvements
- Work in a highly motivated team
- Daily communication with our international network
- Exciting and diversified projects in a start-up environment with individual development opportunities