Indivumed is a physician-led, integrated global oncology company for personalized medicine with the world’s premier high-content tumor database and highest-quality biobank. Our range of services and products is tailored to customers’ needs in translational and clinical research and molecular diagnostics. With approximately 200 employees across Europe, North America, and Asia, we are an internationally minded, future-oriented company with an ambitious growth strategy, which includes the development of a global cancer database solution. Indivumed is proud of our innovative team of leading scientists and of our strong international reputation. At Indivumed, you are given the rare opportunity to pursue your professional goals and benefit from quick decision processes – thanks to a flat organizational structure and ample creative freedom.
Focus of our department
Integrative analyses of multiple data types facilitate a deeper understanding of molecular and epidemiological characteristics of cancer. With our work, we create the foundations for a modern data-driven cancer research and enable new future perspectives in patient care. Our interdisciplinary field comprises regular interactions with software developers, scientists, and physicians. You will work on joint initiatives and cooperations but will also be responsible for the implementation of your own projects.
To support our team in Hamburg we are seeking an experienced Bioinformatician/ Data Scientist in the department of medical bioinformatics
- Implementation of a continuous screening procedure for new diagnostic markers and drug targets in a large-scale multi-OMICS database
- Definition and implementation of novel concepts for molecular classification of cancer patients
- Implementation of workflows for statistical analysis of high-dimensional molecular data sets
- Handling of scientific customer requests for specific data mining and analysis tasks
- Adaption of modern cloud computing concepts to bioinformatics applications
- Contribution to the implementation of a continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipeline for bioinformatics workflows
- University degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, data science, biostatistics, etc.
- Deep knowledge of state-of-the-art programming languages in bioinformatics (Python, R, etc.) and with Linux environments
- Sound knowledge of the assays and data analysis of high-throughput OMICS methodology, either in the field of next-generation sequencing or mass spectrometry
- Basic knowledge of cancer biology
- Experience with modern software development paradigms and tools
- Strong communication skills and a high sense of responsibility
- Experience with interdisciplinary teams
- Very good knowledge of the English language, German is a plus
What we offer
- Demanding area of responsibility in a fast-growing company
- Creative freedom
- Short decision paths
- A collegial team and a good working atmosphere
- Continuing education and training
- Support of occupational pension scheme
- Grant for the HVV ProfiTicket
- Subsidy for sports membership and events
- Fresh fruits and drinks
- Christmas and summer party
- Company medical examination
- Flexible working hours
Would you like to contribute to the success of our company?
Please apply online and include your salary expectations and current notice period.