For the NBE Analytical R & D Department in Development Sciences at AbbVie's Ludwigshafen site, in Germany, we are seeking an enthusiastic postdoctoral researcher to conduct world-class in depth characterization of biotherapeutical proteins. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career scientist with LC / MS background interested to apply his / her protein characterization expertise to drug development in a leading biopharmaceutical company.
- Your task will be the characterization of monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins as well as protein modifications, degradation pathways and aggregation by LC / MS and other analytical techniques.
- Analytical Innovation & Mass Spectrometry, plan experiments and conduct hands-on work in the lab autonomously.
- You independently review and document data, prepare reports and PowerPoint presentations and advocate science in cross-functional teams within AbbVie.
Your AbbVie talent:
- You hold a PhD in chemistry, (structural) biology or related field.
- During their scientific career they have built up their expertise and their experience in the characterization of protein modifications.
- You like to advance to a next level
- Strong expertise in the field of mass spectrometry.
- Additional protein analytical experience (eg, SEC, IEX, HIC, CE) is beneficial.
- As a highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person with excellent communication and presentation skills you are driven by innovative ways of thinking to improve processes, methods, systems, products or services.
- You are well known for being an excellent team player with the ability to build strong networks with peers who has a strong desire for the application of new techniques and innovative solutions.
- As a global acting company we presume excellent communication skills, including written and oral English and basic knowledge of German.
We offer you:
- A challenging job with high personal responsibility in a committed and competent team. Your mentoring wants to be accompanied by a mentor who will assist you as a coach and contact person.
- We create the ideal environment for focused and passionate work, providing our employees with the utmost flexibility to tailor their daily work to their individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany as well as a wide range of career paths and opportunities for further development.
This position is for the fixed term of 24 months.
We are looking forward to your application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.Learn more about AbbVie Germany at www.abbvie.de. Visit www.abbvie-care.de for more information about the therapeutic areas in which we're active.