Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world's top-grossing and most effective language learning app. In a moment with talk of walls, we make building bridges - making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people make new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak. Come work with us.
There's so much to do.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences and reference points become more varied and colorful by the day. Meeting that means Ensuring users see themselves reflected -not just in our product- but the world allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 600 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our New York office, challenging each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is connected to millions of users, in every hemisphere.
We are looking for a Data Insight Analyst to join our team in Berlin!
In this role you'll work in a small team of internal consultants specialized in data analytics, data democratization, and data communication / storytelling. We want to make our organization data-driven with carrots, not sticks. Babbleonians and change the way we drive.
- Work closely with Data Scientists and our stakeholders in Product, Marketing, Didactics, HR
- Drive data literacy in the organization, eg by holding workshops, visualizing data, idaging initiatives to make more data driven
- Help level up, co-own and run our Data Academy program with your expertise and your ideas
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, BI Analyst, Data Visualization Specialist, Data Journalist, or Researcher
- Experience with R or Python, SQL or other RDB; and / or, experience with BI tools like Tableau, or amplitude
- Experience with metrics and KPIs, how to track and contextualise them
- Experience working in the tech / online industry
- Excellent communication
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Equal parts analytical and creative, working with numbers and people
- A creative problem solver, you think outside the box
- Proactive in addressing issues and problems
- Capable of dealing with uncertainty
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and adaptable
- Patient and empathetic
Babbel is the world's most successful language learning app.
- Work directly with our unique language learning data
- Hackdays and technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Great company benefits (company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin
- Work on something that truly matters and transforms the lives of millions
- Learn and grow Babbel Academy, great trainings and challenging projects
- Work with creative discretion and ownership from day one
- A culture that treats individual differences as strength
- Meet and collaborate with colleagues at hackdays, brownbag talks, and parties
- 30 vacation days, flexible hours, a company bike, a metro ticket and a family room
- Offices in the heart of buzzing Berlin and New York