Social media data analyst
Brandwatch is the global leader in social intelligence, working with the largest brands and most admired agencies worldwide. We build smart software solutions that help collect, analyze and share insights from millions of conversations across the web. Home to over 500 people from 30+ different nations, Brandwatch is a place that challenges, motivates and supports its diverse staff to find answers to new problems in an ever-changing social world. Better. Bolder. More brilliant.
Professional Services is a core component of Customer Success at Brandwatch. As a team, we strive to enable and advance our clients' use of social data across their organizations by delivering creative solutions, actionable insights and subject-matter expertise that have a real business impact.
As we continue our global expansion, we are hiring a customer-focused social media analyst to join our dynamic Professional Services team in Berlin. It is varied, hands-on and flexible to learn, grow and develop in the constantly changing landscape of social media.
We're looking for someone who:
- Loves using data to tell stories
- Solves problems for fun and enjoys testing limits
- Thrives on helping people and deeply understanding clients' needs
- Wants to work with a wide variety of brands and use cases across different industries
- Is a credible, engaging communicator with the confidence to interact at all business levels
- Can translate technical concepts for non-technical audiences
- Has a keen eye for detail and a crack for optimizing within constraints
- Prefers a hands-on, forward-thinking approach
- Has experience working independently and juggling multiple deadlines
In this role, you want:
- Become an expert user and advocate of the full Brandwatch product suite
- Implement effective, scalable social media measurement solutions on behalf of Brandwatch clients
- Consult with clients and discussing social data and their use in business settings
- Push the boundaries of social data analysis by crafting solutions for complex requirements
- Lead client meetings as a subject-matter specialist, and represent your own work in a clear, engaging manner
- Take ownership of a set of enterprise clients as a consistent platform and technical advisor
- Provide feedback to guide new product development
You should have:
- Fluency in German and English (written and spoken)
- 1+ years of analytical business experience
- Familiarity with social media communities, networks, and tools
- Exceptional time management and task management skills
- Experience interacting with clients and / or presenting complex information to stakeholders
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft and / or Google suites (in particular spreadsheets, presentations, documents)
- A degree in an analytical or business-related subject (such as market research, business analytics, linguistics, natural sciences, computer science, engineering, economics, maths, statistics, etc.), or equivalent experience
Icing on the cake:
- Familiarity with social data or social analytics platforms
- Familiarity with basic statistical concepts (distribution, significance, sampling)
- Experience in analyzing large datasets, simplifying complex data, or working with unstructured text
- Some experience with a programming language (Python or similar)
- Fluency in an additional language would be a bonus
What We Offer:
Benefits: Offering a range of benefits including: 30 days paid holiday and health / benefits packages.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 10 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone's voices are heard, and helps maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch have a flexible working environment with cupboards bursting with snacks (a range to satisfy all taste buds), fresh fruit boxes, a drink fridges and, of course, coffee. Take a break at the Foosball table, enjoy breakfast Fridays and sushi lunches, indulge in a fortnightly massage or our health & wellbeing classes.