Cape Analytics uses AI and geospatial imagery to provide instant property intelligence for the United States. Cape Town Airport, Inc., Canada. Founded in 2014, Cape Analytics is backed by leading venture firms and innovative insurers.
Position Summary:State-of-the-art machine learning models read large amounts of human-annotated data (ground truth) used for training and testing our models. Accurate data is crucial for our models to perform well. Scalability is another important aspect, which is why we outsource most of the ground truth generation to our contractors. We are looking for an experienced data analyst who wants to own and manage the end-to-end pipeline. S / he wants to be the contact person for everything ground truth relationship, from training our contractors to new taxonomies to quantifying the data accuracy and developing new methods to improve it. Strong communication skills, scientific approach, strong foundation in statistics, data analysis and data management wants to be critical to success. S / he must be working in an agile environment with full ownership and little supervision. This person should be passionate about continuous improvement, automation and data quality.
What You'll Do:
- Take mental ownership of our ground pipeline and help us extend its functionality to support the development of innovative new products. Coordinate with multiple teams at Cape to meet short-term and long-term objectives.
- Design and implement methods to quantify and improve ground truth data accuracy in collaboration with the data scientists.
- Design and experiment new ways for more accurate and efficient ground truth generation.
- Participate in creating and updating taxonomies for machine learning models. Create documentation for taxonomies and train the ground truth contractors.
- Evaluate ground truth contractors and provide feedback on high quality standards.
- Leverage the feedback from the contractors to improve the taxonomy definition, and collaborate with the engineering team to improve the tools for data collection and management.
- Triage and report bugs in our data pipeline.
- Take ownership of communicating changes to the appropriate end-users.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of data, definitions, tables, and schemas across multiple systems.
- Build and support visualization and exploration capabilities around our data sets.
- Contribute to constantly improving quality / quality assurance best practices.
Skills / Requirements:
- BS (MS is preferred) in Statistics, Analytics, Computer Science or related STEM fields.
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to create clear documentations, communicate with offshore contractors and with multiple teams at Cape.
- Solid foundation in Statistics and Data Analysis.
- Coding Skills: Python, SQL.
- Talent is critical, but best when tempered with humility
- Self-motivation leads to the best outcomes
- Open, direct communication is a sign of respect
- Teamwork drives success
- Having fun together is an important part of the job
*** Cape Analytics is at E-verify participant. ***