Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R & D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has been engaged in the manufacture of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment for a comprehensive range of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry enterprise network. The carrier network product group mainly contains products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group mainly of optical-based communication networks.
Purpose of Position: To maintain and maintain material and market. Extract data when / as required for further analysis and complete customer data files generation in all regions worldwide. Serving as global pricing data, data-loading requirements, pricing processes and pricing PCN expert across the COC organization. Role includes scheduled, periodic and ad-hoc support of customers including other members of the PP & E, Global PLM and Commercial Leadership, Dealdesk and Global Business Operations, Finance and Select Senior Managers. Periodic SAP project support is required.
Position Location: Berlin, Germany or Strykow, Poland.
- Load pricing information in SAP and future pricing systems globally; data loading includes WF processing Winshuttle loads.
- Maintaining and validating pricing used by others in PP & E, PLM and commercial teams globally; pricing data or process errors COC profitability.
- Audit material master data to assure data consistency from pricing perspective
- Implemented by the Dealdesk, PLM, PP & E teams globally
- Understand global data loading requirements and limitations and serve as an organization expert
- Identify any issues / concerns with data that need to be addressed
- Extract and publish Customer Information files to organizations globally as requested
- Provide analytical support related to any price changes as required
- Process pricing steps in PCN process
- Work with other data maintenance teams globally as required to support other data change / loading efforts
- Support global SAP implementations and other pricing related projects as GPO ambassador and pricing expert
- Support smaller to medium scale price procedure enhancement projects
- Load and maintain intercompany pricing globally
Personnel Directed: None
Minimum Educational / Experience Requirements:
Education: 4-year degree or associate degree with equivalent experience required
Experience:> 3 years commercial / PLM / pricing experience; > 2 years in position requiring extensive systems / tools / data analysis
- Strong data analysis / mining skills
- Ability to identify trends / patterns
- Enjoy working with data for extensive periods of time
- Capable of learning new tools
- Strong understanding of SAP data and business warehouse
- Fundamental understanding of COC business including market segments and product sets
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel including Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and spoken English and with graphical displays of information
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Ability to across multiple time zones and with different cultural backgrounds
- Schedule flexibility to be required and required for on-time periodic / quarterly work on weekends and / or late nights when data loads must be conducted during business time or during time of heavy business volume
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate questions
- Aptitude for marketing and financial disciplines
- Knowledge of the global COC organization
- Ability to identify issues and suggest solutions based on self-analysis vs. relying on others to point in the right direction
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to operate in a wide variety of different levels within the organization including executives
- Ability to work effectively with people from different cultures and across multiple time zones
- Ability to work under varying deadlines on multiple projects and tasks and shifting priorities
- Ability to work across COC organizational lines to achieve common goals
- Desire to help craft, develop and understand strategy
- Curiosity to understand the underlying story behind the data
- Ability to perform in a self-directed manner as an individual performer, as a leader of a team of peers
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong personal computer skills