We are shaping the future of the energy landscape.
Be part of our team and set off together with us!
Tasks and Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist, you want to be the thought leader on big data analytics. To facilitate the energy transition you will scout for new Data Analytics Technologies and Methods. You want to support the Digital Transformation team in a broad sense of Data Analytics subjects. As data scientist wants to analyze the data sets, create valuable insights for the business and wants to develop predictive and forecast algorithms.
You want to work in a data lab environment, but you should be able to bring your newly developed algorithms into productions. As an example these algorithms can be used for forecasting of the production of renewable energy (solar or WIND), predictive maintenance algorithms for our large asset base or grid prediction, gird modeling and grid optimization.
Besides this you will be responsible for:
- Create new insights for the business by analyzing large data sets
- Implementation of the algorithms, together with data engineer, in a deployment environment
- Data mining with available datasets and identification of new data sources for the improvement of the algorithms
- Continuous contact and exchanging information with the data suppliers to optimize the input data
- Insurance of the information security and privacy guidelines
- Master's degree / Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Math, Engineering
- Profound experience with analytics, statistics and data science
- Hands-on experience with advanced analytics tools (Matlab, SPSS, Python, R) and Big Data tools (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, MarkLogic) is a plus
- Proficiency in key statistical techniques (predictive modeling, logistic regression, decision trees, data mining methods, forecasting, neural networks and other advanced statistical and econometric techniques)
- Ability to find new ways while not losing focus on deliver solutions for our daily business
- Communication skills, that help you to explain your topic to even non-specialist clients
- With us you can contribute your own ideas and shape processes responsibly and independently
- Within the German "Energiewende" we are open to innovation and undertake highly exciting tasks
- We work across divisions, appreciate the collegial interchange and understand us as one team
- Our modern campus promotes working in a relaxed atmposphere
Arnhem (NL) and Bayreuth (G), exchange of knowledge within the team is key. The location is located in Bayreuth (G).
Apply now via our job portal at karriere.tennet.eu.
Any further questions?
TenneT TSO GmbH
Mr. Richard Mays | HR Talent Management | Recruiting
T 0921 50740-5692