Welcome to CENTOGENE!
We are the experts in rare hereditary diseases. We know the genetic basis and the clinical phenotype of genetic disorders inside-out. Our platform is based on the world's largest curated mutation database for rare diseases. We have an unrivaled global diagnostic footprint, and an unmatched ability to derive diagnostic solutions to accurately identify rare disease patients and accelerate the path to approval for new orphan drugs.
How do we do this? By bringing together more than 350 individuals from 45 different countries to transform clinical and genetic data into medical solutions for patients. We work together at our HQ in Rostock, Germany, and therefore at additional offices in Berlin and laboratory facilities in Cambridge MA. Our employees - medical experts, scientists, IT professionals, bioinformaticians, technicians, researchers, project managers, and many more - are all passionate about one thing: improving the lives of our patients.
Does this sound like you? If it does, we'd love to hear from you.
Your tasks will be:
Our Data Analyst wants to work in a multi-disciplinary team, using scientific data from untargeted mass-spectrometry to develop new diagnostic tools. Our new colleague wants to contribute with his experience to the development of our team and teamwork.
- Routine data processing and interpretation.
- Evaluation of in-house developed clustering and normalization algorithms.
- Development of new methods for handling and automating LC / MS processes.
- Curation of databases.
- Statistical analysis on in-house metabolomics database.
- Development of data mining tools.
- Annotate samples and clusters with different types of information.
- Design and develop specialized database tools to inspect, analyze, interpret and visualize large varied sets of complex data.
You have the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science.
- Advanced statistical knowledge (clustering algorithms, probability distributions, hypothesis testing, correlation, etc.).
- Expert knowledge regarding the use of IT systems (GitLab) and databases (SQL).
- Experience with data analysis and visualization using Python (numpy, pandas and scikit-learn libraries), R (reshape2, ggplot2 packages), Graphpad or similar system.
- Experience in Cloud Computing: Database Models, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jupyter Notebook, etc.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning: classification analysis (support vector machine, random forests), regression analysis (logistic regression), dimensionality reduction, etc.
- Experience in Linux CLI (bash).
- Good skills in spoken and written English.
These advantages are waiting for you at CENTOGENE:
- Talents are supported by internal and external trainings
- An international career in a multicultural environment
- Regular company events form us as one team
- In house yoga classes, back exercises and fitness area are available for free
- Lunch breaks and meetings on our roof
- Bike leasing or job tickets allow an environmentally friendly and reasonable travel to work
- In case of language barriers we offer German and English classes as well as support in finding accommodation to help you get going
- Precaution and financial protection guaranteed by company pension scheme