For our area of advanced analytics we are looking for a new one in Düsseldorf:
Senior Data Scientist (m / f / d)
Machine Learning / Big Data
As one of Germany's most successful digital retailers, QVC combines the best of both worlds: Shopping as a personal live experience from person to person and convenient, digital ordering - flexible on 365 days a year via TV services such as SmartTV, on the web, via app , at home and on the way.
With 17,000 employees worldwide, QVC is one of the leading video and ecommerce mail order companies in the US, Japan, Germany, the UK, Italy and a joint venture in China.
In Germany, QVC has around 3,100 employees in Düsseldorf, Bochum, Kassel and Hückelhoven.
- You are responsible for Model Development, Programming & Data Engineering
- They define and create novel and advanced analysis techniques and approaches
- They are responsible for ensuring the robustness and quality of our models
- In close cooperation with different stakeholders, you define requirements of the business as well as the corresponding success criteria
- They present results and advise the business on applicability
- When introducing new methods, you take on tasks in the area of change management
- Working with our IT teams, you define requirements for the technology stack
- They optimize existing methods, technologies and tools and always inform themselves about new trends in the market
- They help in teaching and onboarding new, less experienced data scientists and engineers
- Completed Master's Degree (with or without PhD) in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Physics or any other quantitative discipline
- Several years of experience in data engineering, especially with advanced SQL and big data pipeline skills
- Over 3 years experience in machine learning with frameworks (like Scikit-Learn, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Mllib)
- Excellent knowledge of analysis techniques, especially in machine learning, pattern recognition and optimization
- Experience in the use of big data platforms (Spark, Hadoop) for large amounts of data
- Familiarity with cloud technology stacks (AWS, GCP, Azure) and data visualization tools and packages (Tableau, Qlickview, PowerBI)
- Very good knowledge of at least one scripting language like Python (preferred) or R
- Familiarity with container platforms, eg. Eg Docker
- Business-compliant presentations of complex concepts for a business audience
- They simplify workflows and communicate complex statistical concepts easily
- Strong interpersonal, written and communicative skills in German and English
QVC combines the joy of discovery with the power of relationships, always exceeding the expectations of its customers. In doing so, the retail company relies on the best of both worlds: Shopping as a personal live experience from person to person and convenient, digital ordering - flexible on 365 days a year via TV offers, the web, via app - at home and on the move ,
QVC Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Qurate Retail Group, which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands as well as other minority interests. Worldwide, QVC employs 21,400 people at sites in the US, Japan, Germany, UK, Italy, and a joint venture in China. The company thrills customers on 15 television channels, which reach around 380 million households, as well as eleven websites and more than 270 social media presences.
In Germany, QVC has around 3,000 employees in Düsseldorf, Bochum, Kassel and Hückelhoven.
QVC Commerce S.à rl & Co. KG