At DXC, we believe the power of insight comes from intelligent, end-to-end approaches from big data / business intelligence to information. DXC Analytics align the right people, processes, and technology to help our clients analyze and act on their information. Our consultants provide the advice and support clients need to transform and manage their Big Data initiative, and start unlocking the valuable business opportunities. Clients benefit from Big Data and enhanced analytics to improve customer engagement and satisfaction, create new business opportunities, and reduce costs.
The Solution Principal is part of the Build Organization within the Analytics Offering in North and Central Europe. (S) He acts as a Senior Solution Architect at various accounts / customers and mainly works with Sales and Advisors on Big Data and Analytics opportunities to design and sell analytic solutions to our customers. Together with Sales and Advisory the Solution Principal is part of our Analytics go to market team.
DXC provides a foundation of information management and analytic capabilities to deliver value for money, to deliver insights at the speed of business and improve business outcomes. We leverage our expertise in the new generation of analytics and the big data to push our customers.
Locations: Bad Homburg, Böblingen, Ratingen, Munich
Travel: in average 50%
Role and Responsibilities:
- Is recognized as a thought leader in the business intelligence and big data architecture space
- Serve in client-facing role and deliver analytics solutions and support
- Responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions in the Big Data and Analytics space
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice on design efforts and solution design
- Develops new methods of solution design and delivery to apply to situations
- Acts as an advisor to customer senior information technology (IT) leadership and sets strategic direction for customers based on DXC's solutions and products in the Big Data and Analytics space
- Demonstrates ability to provide thought leadership. Big data, data warehouse data and structures
- Collaborate with Sales, Accounts and Delivery to identify growth opportunities and leads the Analytics Solutions
Education and Competencies:
- Master degree required
- English business fluent
- At least> 5 years of experience in business intelligence / big data solution design
- At least> 2 years of experience in big data architecture and technologies
- At least> 7 years of professional experience in consulting
- A deep understanding of analytics and data management A BI and Big Data in the cloud portfolio (AWS or Azure)
- Able to lead facilitated sessions with business and technology representatives in order to design and / or modify various Big Data / Analytics solutions
- Strong business and communication skills. Able to communicate in business terms and turn into applicable solutions
- Extensive experience in creating data models in a large scale data warehousing environment
- Must have solid understanding of relational database design fundamentals
- Is aware of the capabilities and limitations of database technology like (Hadoop, Vertica, SAP HANA, Greenplum, Netezza,, Exadata, MongoDB)
- Experience integrating with enterprise BI platforms such as Spotfire, Tableau, QlikView, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, etc ...
- Experience with ETL tools like Talend, Pentaho, Informatica
- Experience either on Azure or AWS data warehousing or big data implementations
- Demonstrated ability to develop clear understandings of customers' needs and the ability to incorporate them into an analytic solution
- Highly motivated and strong performer who drives opportunities and solutions
- Team player who is willing to act as a coach / mentor for junior staff
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, and competitive salary and
shared values, make DXC Technology one of the world's most attractive
employers. At DXC our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life
balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Part time work or job sharing is also applicable to this position