HolidayCheck Group AG is one of the leading European digital companies for holidaymakers. Under our roof the hotel and travel booking portal HolidayCheck, the tour operator HolidayCheck travel, the rental car portal Car rental Check and Driveboo as well as the Dutch hotel rating portal Zoover and the weather portal Meteovista- / Weeronline.
Together we have become the most user-friendly company for holidaymakers. At the heart of our corporate culture are our values (https://www.holidaycheckgroup.com/karriere/), which we live by every day and which we create.
If you happen to be a pragmatic, test-driven software craftsman or craftswoman who likes working on the edge of technology, come and help our outstanding, truly agile development teams in Munich, DE (https://goo.gl/maps/2KKGh ) in Bottighofen, CH (https://goo.gl/maps/X7bZ3) or in Poznan, PL (https://goo.gl/maps/AiHKJ).
- Help internal clients with pragmatic strategic & ad-hoc data requirements
- Work closely with data scientists and engineers to build personalized experiences for our users
- Drive research initiatives to innovate and support our data driven approach
- Perform data extraction, aggregation from multiple sources, including Google Analytics / GoogleBigQuery
- Create confidence in our data by tests, automation, monitoring and neat visualizations
- You are eager to learn new technologies
- You are ready to transform into code (Scala is a plus)
- SQL Basic skills
- Devops mindset is a plus
- Clear understanding of Map / Reduce paradigm. Experience with Spark / Hadoop is a plus.
- Prior experience with scaling ETL projects and a big data platform is advantageous
- Able to understand complex topics, including business traits and user behavior
- Uses modern tools and is generally efficient and test-driven
- True agility, not on delivering working software
- Non-religious about specific systems, frameworks, languages or tools
- Can focus on deliverables and small increments but also not afraid of huge changes and humongous amounts of data
- Proud to show your github.com account, research papers or other interesting achievements
- Very good skills in English are mandatory, German or Polish is a plus