Senior Software Project Engineer (m/f/d) - based in Munich area (Wessling)
Careers that Change Lives
Become part of the next generation Robotic Assisted Minimally Invasive Surgery platform and join a very innovative and dynamic team! Medtronic invests in the development of advanced mechatronics products and systems for Minimally Invasive Surgery. You will join a growing environment of highly professional and experienced engineers.
If you are a pioneer and would like to have a big impact into the new world of medicine – then let´s come together!
The Senior Software Project Engineer (m/w/d) - based in Munich area, Wessling - will focus on coordinating software activities and support designing and implementing medical device software for a surgical robotic system.
A Day in the Life
- Coordinate software development activities with development teams in Germany & USA
- Act as an interface to software project management in the USA
- Support software development - using your experience in delivering embedded software including testing and debugging on robotic hardware in the lab as well as with external partners
- Having an understanding of software development methodology to produce quality software as part of a team as well as using state-of-the-art tools, esp. tools for task/issue tracking, configuration management, and requirements management
- Maintain an overview of current and future software development tasks and projects
- Document your work according to internal guidelines, participate in design and code reviews
- Bachelor or preferably Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Already worked in software development teams with the ability to understand software development, software requirements, and work with system level definitions
- Fluent in English – written and spoken. German at least on conversational level
- We are looking for an open and positive personality with great communication skills
- Independent and self-motivated – a self-starter with an autonomous working style
- Skills in strategic thinking, problem solving attitude, good planning and time management
- Ability to work in teams – we are looking for a team-player!
Nice to haves
- Project management experience in a regulated software environment, preferably medical devices
- Good understanding of IEC 62304 and regulated well-defined SDLC
- Understanding of SW Architecture
- Strong C++ 11 skills
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, Linux, real-time OS (QNX)
- Experience in programming embedded multiprocessor software and network protocols
- Know-how with software development to support data logging, network communication, software installation, and build and continuous integration
- Good understanding of a variety of COTS/SOUP packages implementing network stacks, open source libraries and tools
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply, in English, directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare. Further, Together