At Grünenthal, we create a brighter future for our patients - worldwide. With us, let your passion and ideas flow and drive innovation to improve our patients' lives.
With us, challenges become opportunities and your passion and ideas can shine.
Senior Bio-Informatics and Data Mining Scientist of the Target Incubator Unit (f/m/d)
Have a look at the fulfilling work on offer:Let your talent flourish:
- You effectively utilize software engineering skills and knowledge of bioinformatics algorithms to aid the identification and validation of novel pain targets (with robust and scalable computational solutions).
- You are in charge of leading a team of Scientists, supervise and develop the activities of this team, including resource planning, prioritization of activities and state of the art execution.
- You drive and facilitate the interaction with Translational Sciences and other stakeholders to ensure the best use of big data impacting on target selection.
- You are responsible for effectively summarizing, visualizing, and communicating large scale biological datasets to diverse stakeholders to impact decisions on prioritization of research projects. You have the creative mindset and skills to make most of the available data.
- You develop algorithms for bioinformatics analyses as required for molecular biology experiments, and design and implement analysis pipelines which deploy such algorithms.
- You independently conduct data mining of internally produced and publicly available data sets.
- You interpret variants through use of genomic databases and bioinformatics tools.
- You have a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology, Statistics (or related science) with a minimum of 5 years´ experience and a proven track record in Molecular Biology.
- You are very experienced in target identification activities.
- Having an integrated view on how Drug Discovery works and how targets and pathways can be modulated is a plus. You successfully integrate knowledge from different sources, and your attitude is pragmatic and that of a problem solver.
- You are in-depth familiar in public databases such as ExAC, ClinVar, GEO, GTEx, GenBank and gnomAD.
- You demonstrate solid programming and scripting abilities in languages, such as R, Perl, Python and familiar with Linux/Unix systems.
- You have a solid understanding of Sanger and NGS sequencing technologies and of statistical genetics.
- You are able to perform analyses in R, Matlab or equivalent software.
- You are a team player with objectives-driven mindset. You have successfully shown your ability to add value to cross-functional teams in a matrix reporting environment, and you are able to clearly communicate your results to scientists with diverse backgrounds.
- You have fluent business English language skills in speaking and writing, German language skills beneficial.
- You have a broad international & intercultural working experiences.
More reasons to join: careers.grunenthal.com