Located in Gernsbach Germany. The Business Intelligence Analyst's role is to collaboratively work with business users and IT team members to design and implement BI software and systems. This position focuses on the front-end presentation layer, within the Business Intelligence landscape. This includes blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing and rolling out BI solutions to end users. The Business Intelligence Analyst is therefore responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing. Duties include the daily support of user activity, maintenance of existing systems, development and / or configuration of new functionality or applications, working within the processes and standards of a global organization, and maintaining appropriate business and IT relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following but may include other duties as assigned.
- Assess and cultivate goals for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation of BI software tools and systems.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, queries, analysis tools and report definitions.
- Develop graphs and portal interfaces.
- Lead the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Design, code, test, and new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Provide input to the design of the data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions and fulfillment of user requirements
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Systems Development and Development System Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Act to champion BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
- Contribute to an environment of Continuous Improvement of IT processes.
Experience: Required: Minimum of five years of BI / BW or related experience. Experience in various technical and analytical positions with increasing responsibility. Desired: Minimum of five years of BI / BW experience. Minimum of seven years of information technology or related experience in various technical and analytical positions with increasing responsibility.
Education: Bachelor's degree, or higher, from accredited university.
Key skills required:
- Expertise in SAP Business Objects 4.0 tools, such as Crystal Reports, Scheduler, Designer, Data Integrator, Web and BO Universe design. Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
- Experience with SAP BI 7.0 / 7.3 and SAP Portal, including BEx queries.
- Project management and development life cycle experience.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent German language & English language skills
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Positive attitude, motivated, adaptable, and focused.
EEO / AA EmployerM / V / F / D