Welcome to CENTOGENE!
We are the experts in rare hereditary diseases. We know the genetic basis and the clinical phenotype of genetic disorders inside-out. Our platform is based on the world's largest curated mutation database for rare diseases. We have an unrivaled global diagnostic footprint, and an unmatched ability to derive diagnostic solutions to accurately identify rare disease patients and accelerate the path to approval for new orphan drugs.
How do we do this? By bringing together more than 350 individuals from 45 different countries to transform clinical and genetic data into medical solutions for patients. We work together at our HQ in Rostock, Germany, and also at additional offices in Berlin and laboratory facilities in Cambridge MA. Our employees - medical experts, scientists, IT professionals, bioinformaticians, technicians, researchers, project managers, and many more - are all passionate about one thing: improving the lives of our patients.
Does this sound like you? If it does, we'd love to hear from you.
You will be responsible for:
- Requirements analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and documentation of AI-based IT applications addressing specific needs in the business workflow
- Realize innovative AI-based solutions jointly with stakeholders of the specialist departments (medical reporting, bio-informatics)
- Ensure high quality of developed software and associated documentation
- Resolve problems that arise during projects, identify and mitigate potential risks or delays
- Communicate project status to AI / IT management and business clients, and propose changes in project scope, timeline, or plans if necessary
- Contribute to build up the AI department in the highly innovative field of life sciences
You have the following skills and qualifications:
- Extensive programming experience in applying artificial intelligence methods, frameworks, libraries, and services for solving challenging problems
- General knowledge about AI-methods, with a focus on knowledge-based approaches (semantic knowledge representation, graph databases, inference, logic)
- Several years of professional experience in the entire life cycle of software development including documentation
- Excellent communication skills both in English and in German
- Enthusiasm for working in an international and interdisciplinary environment
- Ideally an understanding of bio technology / life sciences in general, as well as bio informatics
Those advantages are waiting for you at CENTOGENE:
- Talents are individually supported by internal and external trainings
- An international career in a multicultural environment
- Regular company events from us as one team
- Massages available during working time
- Weekly fresh fruit baskets
- Bike-leasing allows an environmentally-friendly and reasonable travel to work
- In case of language barriers we offer German and English classes
- Precaution and financial protection guaranteed by company pension scheme