Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, inflammation and metabolic diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise the Company intends to deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
At our subsidiary in Goettingen, the In Vitro Pharmacology department is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated
Research Data Scientist (f / m / d) drug discovery
full time and permanent
to join an interdisciplinary data scientist team in the field of drug discovery.
Your key responsibilities
- Interpretation of “Omics” data (eg transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics) from compound screens in in vitro and in vivo systems for drug discovery
- Working at the interface between our bioinformatics, cheminformatics and drug discovery teams
- Drive further development of tools for “Omics” data visualization and interpretation in close collaboration with our bioinformatics team
- Communicate and present results internally and externally
- Ph.D. in life sciences or related field with expertise in molecular / cellular biology and experience with “Omics” data analysis.
- Experience with data analysis of compound screens is a strong plus
- Experience in toxicogenomics is a plus
- Experience with R-based data analysis is a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff, collaborators and customers
- Experience in working on and with interdisciplinary teams
- Fluency in English
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital-forming benefits, holiday pay and annual bonus payment depending on performance
To apply, please click on the “ Apply ” button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter including earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are curious to get to know you and we are looking forward to your application.