Founded in 2013 in Cologne, Fitogram provides software solution for thousands of fitness professionals across Europe. Our software helps manage services such as online booking, customer management, payments and accounting. We take pride in building software enjoyable to use.
Our latest product FitogramPro, links the marketplace with a SaaS solution for customer, course and appointment management and thus offers an all-in-one solution. For the first time ever, fitness providers have the opportunity to manage and win customers within one single platform.
Our international, enthusiastic and lively team awaits you in the heart of Cologne. Let's revolutionize the sports market together!
We are looking for our first Data Engineer who will be an essential part of our international team and will have the possibility to learn in a fast-growing start-up environment in the heart of Cologne. As the first role of its kind at Fitogram, you will have the opportunity to steer the data usage of Fitogram and play a key role in designing and implementing solutions used within the team. To do so, you will need to employ a variety of languages and tools to marry systems together or try to hunt down opportunities to acquire new data from other systems so that the system-specific codes, for example, can become information in further processing by data scientists.
What you'll do
- Design, implement and optimize data pipelines to produce clean and unified data from multiple data sources
- Optimize queries executed in distributed systems by improving query plans and carefully thinking about data partitioning and compression
- Maintain and optimize existing data transformation processes
- Research technologies and build software to support the work of Data Scientists and other team members in their daily work
- Work together with the Business Intelligence team to find the best solutions to handle data pipelines and data processing
- Manage the daily data warehouse operations
What you need to succeed
- Several years of professional experience working with SQL and Python. Experience with at least one other programming language in a data-related context is a plus.
- Deep familiarity with setting up ETL processes and experience with Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban or similar ETL tools
- You have a strong desire to experiment with new technologies and acquire new skills to find clever solutions to the unique challenges we will encounter along the way
- You will need to recommend and sometimes implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- You are currently located within the EU (Need to relocate to Cologne? We will help you!)
Our offer to you
- The opportunity to steer the data usage of Fitogram
- Working with a highly motivated and international data team with the standard open source stack (SQL, Python, Docker, Airflow, Metabase) in an agile environment
- The chance to conduct advanced analyses to drive business.
- Knowledge sharing and learning opportunities in an open data culture
- A flat hierarchy that offers a lot of self-responsibility, as well as opportunities for you to evolve and shape the company
- An Urban Sports Club L-Membership
- Up to 30 days vacation per year (26 in your first year plus one additional day for every year worked)
Fitogram is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).