You will be able to make remarkable impact by driving the Drug Product Development (DPD) data strategy hereby enabling and evolving our data driven drug development concepts. You will have a key role in a global, strategic multiyear-program to design and implement world class data analytical capabilities at Abbvie – sponsored by the Chief Scientific Officer. Developing a data strategy is a collaborative task demanding excellent communication skills, the ability to connect people and views as well as showing high degree of assertiveness. Equipped with this skillset you will guide a data journey including an assessment of the status quo of data formats, the current data handling processes as well as an overview of used data repositories in the different areas of DPD. Based on these findings, critical and most advanced use cases should be identified as suitable pilot projects. These projects will drive the product development process and require collaboration with the scientists leading the projects. They will be the foundation for developing a comprehensive data strategy that is aligned with the respective business needs. This includes standardization of processes and workflows, the generation of ontologies and data models as well as the implementation of FAIR concepts (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) to make data available within the whole organization. The ultimate goal is to build a data basis for broad-based advanced analytics like Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence. These activities are accompanied by education of the organization with respect to the Data Strategy, broad-based data standardization (FAIRization), the potential of Big Data technologies and its applications in DPD.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assessment of status quo with respect to data generation, data formats, ontologies, data repositories and data usage in different areas of DPD
- Prioritize activities and work with different areas towards standardization and automation of workflows across the organization and drive consistency.
- Together with Information Research and Data Scientist peers generate consistent data ontologies and data models (e.g. Allotrope concept) across the organization
- Contribute to the choice of adequate data systems/repositories together with Information Research and other departments
- Cross-functional collaboration to drive establishment and improvement of the Development Sciences and R&D data ecosystem
- Acquire and execute on identified pilot cases from the DPD organization.
- Drive and translate the overarching R&D and Development Sciences Data Strategy into meaningful projects within Drug Product Development (DPD)
- Educate the organization with respect to the Development Sciences Data Strategy, its goals and potential as well as the related necessary changes.
- Spread enthusiasm for entering the digital age in DPD.
- Relevant technical degree such as biology, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or in computer sciences/ statistics or applied math. ideally combined degree.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Data Handling (e.g., experience in modeling structured and unstructured data) and Advanced Analytics (e.g., Predictive Modeling, Data Mining, Machine Learning)
- Understanding of Data Engineering, Data Architecture and Data Science
- Experience with Data FAIRization would be desirable
- Relevant programming skills and experience (Python, R)
- Innovative thinker with strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Project management experience, with the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments, and effectively lead teams. Ability to effectively interface/communicate across functions and bring together different viewpoints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently and as part of a team
- A fantastic opportunity to work in in a world-class team.
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany.
We are looking forward to your online application.
AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.Learn more about AbbVie Deutschland at www.abbvie.de. Visit www.abbvie-care.de for more information about the therapeutic areas in which we’re active.