Junior Business Intelligence Developer (m/f/d)
At Quarters, our mission is to change the way we live and share our lives. Founded in Berlin in 2012 to respond to the demand for fully-furnished, ready to move into apartments, we are already the world’s largest Co-Living provider. In addition to this, we are also enhancing our real-life community and physical buildings with a digital community focused app. Our diverse team forms the heart of our fast-paced start-up environment, where smart ideas and a hands-on attitude are encouraged. To help keep up with our increasing growth, we’re looking for the most passionate people in their fields.
We want you to have an immediate impact, take responsibility from day one, and help grow the global community of passionate people with us. Jump on board, join our team, and become part of the Co-Living revolution!
Your key responsibilities
- Ability to create and maintain ETL routines (between source systems and target BI environment)
- Understand and query disparate database sources, including relational structures, dimensional data models and cubes.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (eg. Data pipelines, BI reports).
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Test and configure BI reports and visualizations for development, testing and deployment.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional team.
- Interface with and understand analytical reporting needs of business stakeholders.
- Create report mock-ups and templates from business requirements
- Develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and scorecards using Tableau.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical subject matter to non-technical business stakeholders.
You will be most successful if you fit this profile
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar; related experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- 2+ years of experience in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling) and data mining and data pipelines.
- 3+ years of experience with at least one major BI tools such as Tableau (preferred), Looker or Power BI.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Proven ability to write SQL queries.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Intermediate understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Knowledge of ETL best practices and dimensional modelling.
- Prior experience documenting BI requirements and developing reports based on user requirements.
We're offering these benefits
A flat hierarchy: open communication, and fireside chats with the CEO
Healthy work-life balance: positive working environment, home office options, a discounted membership to UrbanSportsClub, and complimentary access to the 7Minds meditation app
Personal development: language courses, a generous individual development budget, an exciting steep learning curve & boost for your career
Culture: summer & holiday parties, biweekly team drinks, biweekly Lunch & Learn, coffee, fruit, and much more
Sound like your perfect next adventure? Apply online, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to it!
Want to get to know us even more? Check out our QUARTERS building in Chicago or read about our latest news for Europe and the US.