Teraki is a Berlin based tech driven company enabling true mobility. We stand for innovation in the rapidly developing connected car, self-driving and 3D mapping world. Teraki provides data reduction and data processing solutions for Automotive (IoT) applications and enables the launch of new applications by reducing hardware footprint, latency and costs. We help our customers on the challenges that are posed by the exploding amounts of data in connected vehicles for all sensor, video and 3D mapping data.
In this role, you will contribute to the design and implementation of our backend system serving millions of cars, being highly efficient and easy to maintain. You will closely work with other Backend developers, DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers and Data Engineers.
- Design and implement a scalable, low-latency, fault tolerant distributed streaming system to ingest and process data from millions of cars.
- Support Backend team to build scalable and future-proof micro-services to support the streaming use case and to run Machine Learning training and inferencing jobs.
- Assess and evaluate technologies and tools to identify those fulfilling best our requirements and needs.
- Work closely with our Software-, DevOps- and Data-Engineers to continuously implement and improve features, following an agile and test-driven approach.
- You and your team have the ownership over the entire software development lifecycle from planning to coding, testing and maintenance.
Who we are looking for
- Background in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related.
- 5+ years of professional experience developing software of which 3+ years in building modern streaming services at scale.
- You have proven and solid experience in building systems leveraging a distributed streaming processing engine such as Spark, Flink, Apex, Faust or others.
- You have 2+ years of Python programming experience. We appreciate knowledge of languages used by popular streaming processing engine (i.e. Scala and Java).
- You have significant experience in designing, scaling, debugging, and optimizing microservice based and event-driven systems. We appreciate knowledge of REST Python Frameworks such as Flask, aiohttp, fastapi.
- You are experienced with agile development methodologies and tools such as git, Jira and Confluence. You appreciate the importance of testing, software validation and clean code.
- You have some basic knowledge in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- It’s a plus if you have some knowledge in PostgreSQL, Django, Dask, Docker or Kubernetes.
- “Can do” and above all “want to do” attitude.
- Motivated fast learner and problem solver who can work in a team as well as independently.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to actively contribute to future mobility challenges.
- To increase your know-how in state-of-the-art technologies: Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Embedded Development.
- Flat hierarchies and work in a small but highly motivated, multidisciplinary and multicultural team. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity.
- To work in a dynamic start-up environment in the heart of Berlin with the chance to play a big role in the success of Teraki. We do work that matters!
Be part of the TERAKI team, send your application today!