Our Front End team is looking for a software engineering to help improve and expand our Front End infrastructure. You will work largely on Open Source projects which both internal teams and external engineers use for building customized solutions on top of them. Your work will aim to support and enable both parties while coordinating efforts across teams. Even more important than your technical qualification: You want to join (and learn from) a skilled, agile team that believes in having fun, giving back to the community, and collaborating in an open, supportive environment! Sounds good? Here's a snapshot of our tech stack! You can also find some of the related work here.
About your new role
- Work in organization split up into vertical teams with clear domain ownership and focus
- Collaborate and align efforts with User Experience Designers, Product Owners and Test Automation Engineers
- Analyze and discuss requirements for trade-off in technical approaches and be part of an agile team responsible for its complete development process
- Take responsibility to provide and maintain scalable infrastructure as well as proper development tooling
- Own a build chain on our CI system and a release process of our libraries
- Contribute towards applications using technologies such as GraphQL, React, Kubernetes and Prometheus
- Write documentation about our processes, tooling, best practices, etc.
Things the team is excited about?
- Push our adoption of static types (e.g. TypeScript) while educating about it
- Ensure quality through various methods such as E2E and integration tests paired with visual regression testing with tools such as react-testing-library, Cypress and Percy
- Contribute to developer documentation with external and internal stakeholders
- Being committed to adopt our Design System and and have an eye for architectural patterns
- Collaborating with feature teams in order to provide tools to improve our iteration speed and joy
Skills & Requirements
- At least 3 (ideally more) years of experience with large scale web applications
- Experience working with and managing OSS
- Experience with managing a CI/CD system to improve the delivery process
- Experience with building and deploying microservices
- Know-how in application logs and different types of metrics
- Strive for clean code and high standards for quality assurance such as code review, testing and code linting
- Mentality to share and the aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies and concepts
- Fluent English to work in an international, cross-functional team
This is how we work
Do you have any questions regarding the role, our company, culture or work environment? Feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Manager Janosch Fingerhut (+49172 2631438)!
commercetools is the world’s leading platform for next-generation B2C and B2B commerce. To break the market out of being rooted by legacy suites, commercetools invented the approach of being a headless, API-first, multi-tenant SaaS commerce platform that is cloud-native and uses flexible microservices. Using the modern development building blocks and true cloud platform provided by commercetools, customers are able to deliver the best B2C and B2B commerce experiences across every touchpoint on a large scale.
As a global company, commercetools has offices spanning the US, Europe and Asia Pacific, with its headquarters in Germany. Since it was established in 2006, the technology and product that commercetools has brought to the market is used by Fortune 500 companies across industries, from retail to manufacturing and from telecommunications to fashion.