Business unit: Autonomous Transportation & Safety (ATS)
Job Grade: E11
Hiring Manager: Ashwin Ramesh Herur
Location: Neubigerg, Munich, Germany
The Position: Software Project Manager
Analog Devices is a world-leading semiconductor company specializing in high-performance analogue, mixed signal and digital signal processing (DSP) integrated circuits (ICs) used in Industrial, Automotive, Communications, Healthcare and Consumer applications.
The Autonomous Transport and Safety group design products for the automotive and Industrial markets. A need has arisen for a dedicated Software project manager to join our Program Management Office with initial primary responsibility within the Automotive & Industrial RADAR IC development group. This groups charter is to enable continuous advancements in ADAS, AV and Industrial Radar markets through groundbreaking innovative new RADAR technology.
These RADAR IC projects are highly complex involving multi-skilled, geographically spread resources across multiple disciplines – mmW IC Design, Firmware, Software, Applications Engineering, Digital IC Design (both mixed-signal and DSP/MCU), Test Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Quality & Reliability teams.
The Software Project Manager will be based in our office in Munich and will be responsible for all SW projects Industrial and Automotive in ATS group. The Software Project Manager reports directly to the Program Manager based in Ireland and will be responsible for managing these large, geographically spread, complex programs. The role includes managing SW deliveries coordinating multiple SW groups spread across multiple geographical locations including complex Radar-based algorithms on multicore Embedded System with DSP and MCUs and Safety-critical Operating System.
- Manage all Radar Software developments from our Munich office to include New Developments in Industrial Systems and Automotive Radar systems.
- Work closely with functional stakeholders such as Marketing, Engineering, and Manufacturing to develop a clear Software development Schedule for the project that meets market requirements and internal company goals.
- Develop the execution plan for the Software projects. This includes working with functional leadership to build a schedule, staffing plan, risk analysis and mitigation plan and budget in support of project goals.
- Work closely with Software Architect, System Architect and System Engineering team in capturing Software Requirement Specification for the product line.
- Oversee the successful execution of the plan:
- Manage the schedule, scope, budget and staffing to ensure the project stays on track and within budgetary commitments.
- Support individual project technical leads in defining the scope of projects, management of requirements gathering, stakeholder engagement, Risk Mitigation, milestone and schedule planning and team coordination using methods appropriate for the various projects, such as Agile, Critical Path Management or Waterfall, using tools such as JIRA and Confluence to help manage these projects.
- Coordinate the day-to-day project activities, priorities, meetings and communications ensuring alignment across all cross-functional teams while optimizing performance at a project level.
- Serve as the focal point for project communications. Compile regular project status for all stakeholders and effectively escalate critical issues and risks as necessary. Manage and run multiple meetings on a weekly cadence with each group.
- Communicate program information within the team, to management and to stakeholders through formal and informal presentations and correspondence.
- Drive the Software development to adhere to Automotive Spice Processes and MISRA compliance.
- Plan, structure and drive Advance Algorithm development to productization in line with product line priorities.
- Support Program Manager and Systems Engineering team in terms of analysis of impact for Change and problem resolutions impacting the program.
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Software or Engineering discipline
- A minimum of 8+ years of industry experience with experience in Embedded software or system development.
- Have 5+ years’ experience in a Software Project/Program Manager role.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycles (V model) and Automotive Spice processes.
- Experience in program management principles, budgeting and practices, including Agile Methodology and Scrum roles and with tools such JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of Multi-processor Core Software development.
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR is a plus.
- Knowledge of Software Simulation and Validation Techniques (SIL- Software In Loop) is a plus
- Automotive &/or Industrial background a strong plus
- PMP or other accreditation a plus
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Shift: 1st Shift/Days
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Recruiter: Vincent Donnelly