Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead, support, and manage Process Engineers and Engineering Techs in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. This person will build a strong and capable team that can drive continuous improvement, optimization, and 5S projects across the manufacturing line by focusing on automated, assisted, and manual processes. The successful candidate is a self-starter, has strong leadership capabilities, and is able to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time. This role requires working closely with Production Leaders and Associates, as well as Materials, Industrial Engineering, and other departments, in order to drive projects to success.
- Manage a team of about Process Engineers and Engineering Techs on process improvement projects to improve quality, increase yield, improve safety, and reduce cost for Material Handling
- Set priorities for the team based on Production or business needs, as well as on data analysis of build quality, efficiency, rate, and cost, in order streamline and improve Material Handling as a whole
- Drive projects to balance processes, improve tools, manage the order of operations, optimize labor training and utilization, reduce waste, and reduce variability. Align projects to drive Material Handling goals by reducing total number of defects and defects per vehicle, hours of labor per vehicle, safety incidents, and vehicles produced per hour
- Work cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Pilot Associates, Design Engineering, NPI, MRB, and other teams to define, qualify, and track new or modified processes and all associated work instructions, equipment, tools, materials, and training
- Manage supporting activities for Engineering and Manufacturing including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures
- Ensure processes provide a high level of safety and ergonomic compliance
- Provide informal leadership and drive collaboration and prioritization with other Process Engineers within Material Handling and other teams
- Ability to mentor and develop a strong team through selective recruitment, thorough and consistent on-boarding process, training, and coaching, and identification and addressing of competency gaps within team. Management of team includes proactively planning for labor needs in light of production ramp up, communicating job expectations, performing employee performance and objectives reviews, and managing team in alignment of company policies and procedures
- Fluent English and German language skills
- Ability to work and lead effectively with team and peers within a manufacturing and engineering organization
- Enthusiastic, innovative, and take-charge attitude. This candidate is able to work independently and set the team’s priorities based on competing and urgent needs
- Proficient in lean manufacturing methodologies and leadership
- Strong analytical capability and familiarity with analytical and statistical software systems
- Strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for both learning systems quickly and teaching them to others
- Creative capacity for developing new ways to do things better, cheaper, faster in alignment with the aggressive Tesla approach to revolutionary product development
- Data collection and analysis experience, ideally in a Test or Quality capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and confidence in presenting to upper management
- BS/MS degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a material handling, assembly, manufacturing or maintenance environment
- Management experience a plus
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program