The Gigafactory Berlin Engineering and Design Team is looking to hire an experienced BIM/VDC Software Engineer. This person will be directly responsible for software tools and related construction innovation for our Global Engineering Team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with large, complex projects and have the ability to multi-task and collaborate with several technical disciplines.
- The BIM/VDC Software Engineer will be centrally responsible for a broad Tesla team’s ease of use of world class construction engineering software. Key to this are automation and operability tools for Revit and Autodesk applications.
- Work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders to rapidly analyze and reduce large requirements into small, simple, workable deliverables.
- Responsible for improving effective work of both architectural and construction engineering team, layout team and various tool-line owners working on a given project as well as coordinating the efforts of the teams using a model for planning and conceptual work.
- Expected to lead a small team of engineers (~2-3) assisting in the portfolio of software engineering platforms and tools you are developing.
- Expected to work as a full stack engineer.
- Automate repetitive and procedural tasks to improve project efficiency.
- Support the use of software personally created or generally used by the EPC team. Software includes Revit, Dynamo, Python, Autocad Civil 3D, Ansys, Matlab, SKM, and RAMSteel.
- Assist in software project management of many other efforts throughout the EPC team. Some examples include design requirements forms and databases, material and equipment databases, controls automation tools, and task tracking tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineer or Civil, Architectural, or Mechanical Engineering and/or evidence of exceptional experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working with Revit and Autodesk software engineering improvements.
- Proficiency in many other construction engineering software.
- Experience running a small team for rapid technical solution rollout
- Experience interfacing with construction and cost control on quantity takeoffs and alignment between Work Breakdown Structure based cost tracking and BIM parameters
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program