Sparks42 delivers cutting-edge eCommerce and mobile solutions. Our mission is to build Next Generation E-Commerce solutions with a focus on challenging fields such as user experience, recommendations, machine learning, Big Data. Executing and providing agile solutions for content discovery belongs to our core competences. We pride ourselves in being always first to implement and successfully deploy new technologies. Developing innovative E-Commerce and Mobile Commerce technologies with global reach is our passion.
We are now looking for a tech geek who will grow with our well renowned Engineering Team as a Data Engineer (m/f).
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Gain a deep understanding of our business model, data processing and DWH infrastructure
- Implement data pipelines and infrastructure for platforms
- Design ETL processes, refine (real-time) DWH architectures, build APIs, reports and visualizations
- Maintain, optimize and extend our data operations and specifically our warehouse infrastructure using various data processing technologies like MPP databases, distributed processing frameworks, stream processing frameworks
- Understand and communicate effectively with internal business customers, partners, and stakeholders
WHAT WE ASK FOR:
- You are an expert with minimum 3 years experience in large scale data processing systems, preferably based on open-source systems
- Solid software development skills in Java. Python/Scala and Unix shell scripting skills will be a big plus
- A passion for designing and operating reliable infrastructure
- Experience/Expertise in distributed (real-time) processing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, Presto, Storm, Flink, Heron etc.), infrastructure frameworks (Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, AWS) is a strong plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse teams
- English language fluency
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- An incredibly talented team of bright, international individuals, always ready to learn, discover and implement
- A startup environment with the room to grow on a personal and professional level
- A centrally located office in Berlin Mitte
- To be part of a fearless pioneer company, in the relentless pursuit of new technological breakthroughs
- The opportunity to collaborate with smart and passionate people in building awesome e-commerce products
- Challenging global projects. Competitive salary. Exceptional experiences.