Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among content creators on all plat-forms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it shine.
Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere.
Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of high-performance PCs and peripherals. Over the last three decades Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and continues to grow rapidly. As a semi-autonomous division of Corsair, we have engineering offices in Germany and California, and distribute our products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge technologies with industry leading industrial design and user experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best possible workflow for content creators.
We are looking for a junior software engineer to join our rapidly growing teams in Munich or Monchengladbach in Germany, where you will deploy your creativity, ingenuity, and full skill set to contribute directly to the success of Elgato.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will be able to work with cutting edge video processing algorithms, cross platform development environments, logical & control structures, data management and processing algorithms, and gain a wide experience of software engineering techniques on multiple desktop, server and mobile platforms.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in all stages of the product engineering process – Planning, design, development, and testing of software capabilities for any of Elgato’s hardware and software products. You have the opportunity to talk directly to our designers, our contacts with the world’s most popular streamers and influencers and work with them to define our products. We also draw on experience from our colleagues a cross the Corsair family of companies.
- You will work with Elgato's cross-platform development and test environment and can help improve this environment with new ideas for system design, quality assurance, debugging, statistical insights into device behavior, profiling and performance optimization.
- We offer you the choice to specialize on one platform – macOS or Windows – or remain broadly focused on platform independent technologies. You can work on Elgato’s award winning Stream Deck, the capture products, or accessories and our innovative future product lines.
- Our project teams are Agile and multi-disciplinary, and work independently on specific projects. You will be able to work in all areas such as industrial design, UI/UX, product engineering and have contact with external influencers and testers to refine product concepts.
- You may specialize in one area of software development, but you will be working in an Agile environment solving complex problems with the expectation that your broad experience, intuition and initiative helps the team deliver the best possible implementations.
- You will have responsibility to define all stages of your work with your team and ensure you deliver a tested and testable solution. You will plan your own work and organize your own tasks with your team.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with programming on desktop systems on macOS or Windows which you will have used to solve real-world problems. We are interested in any experience you may have but we do like to see examples of how you used your experience to evaluate the best pos-sible approach to problems you solved.
- Familiarity with C++ as well as algorithms, concepts and techniques in the field of audio and video streaming systems, structuring large desktop applications or systems design & testing. We are continuously improving our CI/CD systems and are interested in your experiences here.
- An ability for creative problem solving using all tools and knowledge at your disposal; we like people who can make decisions and who are able to evaluate compromises to achieve the best overall solution. Your attention to detail and a focus on quality in your work will guide you.
- Familiarity with cross-platform development using Qt or similar tools is an advantage. If you wrote an application targeted at multiple platforms – tell us about it.
- Self-motivation. We like our engineers to be able to plan and structure their own work in-side autonomous teams and take full ownership of their tasks.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; German skills are an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working environment
- A focus on personal development and training in any relevant discipline
- Modern and comfortable offices in the center of Munich or Mönchengladbach as you prefer
- Quarterly profit share bonus
- Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming products
- Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days