As our Support Engineer (m/w/x) you will have a very hands-on, technical position. You need to have experience supporting complex cross-platform environments and be proficient with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
As our Support Engineer (m/w/x) you will:
- Support our customers on the phone, by email, and ticketing system
- Work with the Development and Engineering teams to communicate and escalate both issues and feature requests
- Be comfortable working with a ticketing system and logging progress and resolutions
- Support and assist our Development team with requests and resolutions
- Solve problems using your experience and skillsets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- On the job or classroom experience with Windows, Mac OS X or Linux system support and administration experience
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Understanding of Unix Fundamentals and OS X commands/utilities (system backups, file systems, job control, etc.)
- Understanding of core network services (DNS, HTTP, SSH, FTP, Switching/Routing, etc.)
- Familiar with operational and security best practices
- Familiar with software packaging and code deployment
- Experience with at least one interpreted language (Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby) AND a shell language (bash, Korn, etc.)
- Ability to work on tasks and projects with minimum supervision
There are many reasons to join our team, such as:
- Your personal and professional development are important to us. You will enjoy a career path tailored to your personal needs.
- You will have daily contact with a diverse and international customer base
- You will work with industry-leading technology
- You are welcome to join our fun company activities and events
- You will be part of our positive and collaborative work environment
- You will enjoy the benefits of our servant leadership
FileWave makes endpoint management simple.
FileWave is a multi-platform device management solution for macOS, iOS, Windows, Chrome OS, and Android. For over 25 years, we have helped organizations around the world manage their unique environments via the FileWave Management Suite.