We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 17.200 colleagues now and together we will make the world a brighter place.
WHAT WE OFFER
The Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d) productionizes and scales internally developed machine learning solutions and ensures availability and usability of our deployment architecture. In addition, the Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d) participates in model building in close collaboration with our Data Scientists (m/f/d).
The Advanced Analytics department is tasked to tame the data generated within the Covestro group, utilizing machine learning and artificial intelligence for solving data use cases and providing expert advice on all these topics. Other tasks include establishing, running and mentoring the global Advanced Analytics community, harmonizing the distributed analytics activities within Covestro and establishing an outside network with research institutes and other corporates. This is your chance to shape the future of ML/AI at within an established corporate
- In your new role, you will contribute to bringing machine learning solutions to life and productionizing them on our deployment architecture
- You will actively contribute to solving large scale challenges in the machine learning development cycle, especially around distributed training in the cloud and data engineering
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for keeping the existing models up to date, will track model degradation, setup autonomous retraining mechanisms and manually retrain the model, if necessary
- You will responsible to manipulate and harmonize data (structured, semi- and unstructured) from various sources to speed up our model building process
- You will participate in the definition and realization of an efficient micro-service architecture solution
- You will advise and consult colleagues from various parts of the company on how to leverage existing infrastructure
- Additionally, you will ensure adherence to standards and best practices for the machine learning lifecycle at Covestro
WHAT YOU OFFER
- You hold a university degree (pref. Master or PhD) in mathematics, computer science, computational engineering or a related discipline
- You have long-term experience in the machine learning engineering domain in an international environment and with virtual teams
- Also, you have experience in setting up machine learning deployment architectures and are intimately familiar with Kubernetes, Docker, serverless computing and the offerings of the big cloud providers
- You also have experience with tools and frameworks like Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, with SQL and noSQL databases as well as with edge computing
- Furthermore, you are experienced with programming/scripting languages like bash, perl, ruby, python and R
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and you are happy to work on a variety of different business problems
- You are an open-minded personality and an approachable Team Player (m/f/d)
- You are comfortable with working in a fluent, dynamic and fast-paced environment and the opportunity to shape the future of ML/AI at a large corporate excites you
- The ability to convince, explain and present to colleagues from different fields and different managerial levels is among your key competencies
- Fluent English skills, written and spoken, as well as willingness and ability to travel internationally, round up your profile
First questions will be answered by Ms Isabell Ramrath Phone: +49 214 6009 8246.
Are you curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we can offer you exciting career opportunities. We look forward to receiving your application including a cover letter, your resume, certificates as well as your salary expectations and your notice period. Become part of our Team - apply now!
Anyone who wants to contribute to a better world with Covestro can also expect a lot.
We want you to feel at home at Covestro. To feel you’re treated fairly and transparently. That means financial security, a healthy work-life balance and generous benefits.
Specifically, it means for us: flexible working hours, the compatibility of family and work, active health promotion and the ability to convert part of your salary into long-term or retirement savings. And that's not all.
Sounds exciting? Find out more about Covestro and our benefits here: