At our site in Frankfurt/Main we are looking for a creative and highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our Integrated Drug Discovery department to bridge between automated chemistry and computer-assisted drug design.
The development of novel drugs is a multiparameter optimization progress which requires several iterations of designing, making, testing, and analyzing compound. Leveraging artificial intelligence methods and integrate them into automatic chemistry platforms can largely accelerate the drug design cycle. The successful candidate will develop new ideas to improve our existing de novo design platform. Furthermore, workflows should be established for full integration into automatic synthesis. The PostDoc works in a cross-functional team including computational chemists, synthetic chemistry, structural biology and in vitro biology.
- Development and implementation of Artificial Intelligence based methodology for the design of novel compounds
- Application of in-silico and AI-based technologies for lead generation and lead optimization
- Systematic analysis of data sets for machine learning
- Communication of AI-technologies and applications to Stakeholders
- Collaboration with project teams to support progression of lead generation and lead optimization projects
- Cross-functional collaboration for the development of AI-technologies
- Driving and organizating of collaborative efforts with internal and external partners
Requirements & Qualifications
- A PhD in a relevant area, e.g. computational chemistry/biology, machine learning, artificial intelligence, medicinal chemistry or equivalent fields
- Strong knowledge in machine learning, artificial intelligence or de novo design
- Strong knowledge in cheminformatics
- Very good programming knowledge, preferably in Python
- Experience with deep learning libraries such as Pytorch or Tensorflow
- Background in chemistry is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and team player/collaborative spirit
- Excellent communication skills in English, knowledge of German is a plus
- Strong passion for science, and ability to work well within interdisciplinary Teams
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team.
- An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications and including social benefits above average (e.g. company pension plans, health management).
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training of new employees.
- You can create your own career path within Sanofi. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully.
- As a globally successful and constantly growing company, Sanofi provides international career paths as well.
Term of employment: 2 years in Frankfurt/Germany
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.