Chemovator is the business incubator of BASF. We provide a protected space to build commercial ventures from unconventional ideas. Our Venture Teams take full ownership of their idea, creatively explore their business, learn fast and pivot beyond corporate boundaries.
Our new Venture Team forecastyAI enables companies take faster and smarter business decisions with accurate and explainable forecasts based on the state-of-the-art AI. Find more information on the Venture at our homepage forecastyAI.
We are looking for a motivated and highly self-driven student to support our early business development and digital marketing for a period of 6 months. Are you the right one to start together with us our Chemovator journey?
- You will work closely with forecastyAI core team in developing the digital product
- You will support the team in conducting interviews to gather business insights from our customers and subsequently perform forecasting using advanced AI/ML methods
- You will demonstrate your ability to understand the business requirement from the business users
- You will define the initial pipeline for data preprocessing for the development team based on your understanding the business requirements
- You will work together with the internal team on testing various high-performance AI/ML models on the cloud
- You will soon be completing a degree (Masters or PhD) in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Data Science, Computer Science or other or related fields and have achieved above-average results in your study program
- You have gained at least 1 year of experience in data analytics, data preprocessing, machine learning, artificial intelligence or related topics in an industry or an academic context
- You have gained knowledge of statistical modelling specifically - Time Series Forecasting such as Vector Autoregression (VAR), Vector Error Correction (VEC), Exponential Smoothing Methods, ARIMA, STL methods, Fourier Series
- You have gained experience in machine learning algorithms such as SVM, Random Forest, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression
- You are proficient in a programming language such as R and Python
- Your communication skills are excellent in English, and you present your results vividly
- Bonus: Knowledge of Cloud platform such as Microsoft Azure, Databricks would be an added advantage
- Bonus: Deep Learning know how, prior forecasting experience in an industry/academic context
- A steady interaction and dialogue with experienced experts from two worlds – corporate BASF and our wide external network
- Use the mass of experiences of your colleagues and our Entrepreneurs in Residence to develop yourself and your Venture further
- Flexible working time and mobile work as well as usual perks of a company in the startup environment, e.g. free drinks and an inspiring atmosphere within an unconventional location in Ludwigshafen
- A competitive salary and the opportunity to be part of the growing Venture Team forecastyAI
Are you interested?
Nothing is set in stone yet, so your input is highly welcome. Please contact Tobias Seeger (+49 172 7465761) with your relevant documents (cover letter + CV). We are looking forward to hearing from you!