At Jodel, we process hundreds of millions of events every day and we need to make this data available to every team in the company in the most suitable format. Together with our Engineering and Data Science teams, you will help us evaluate our current data infrastructure and take it to the next level.
- Occupy a role that is key to a good decision making in the company which will have a direct impact on millions of users.
- Work on the backbone of analytics and data science by supporting us in maintaining and growing a reliable, fast, and scalable data infrastructure processing hundreds of millions of interactions per day.
- Critically analyze where we stand today in terms of our data infrastructure and plan together with us where we want to be in the future.
- Compare different technologies and tools to help us constantly improve our data infrastructure.
- Work on data pipelines and processing of data.
- Use a combination of programming languages and database technologies to extract, transform, and load data.
- Make sure that we have dependable monitoring in place so that we always have a good overview of the entire data infrastructure and ETL processes.
- You have more than 2 years of experience in Data Engineering, with a focus on data storage formats (e.g., Parquet, ORC, etc.), database technologies (e.g., AWS Redshift, Druid, etc.), data pipelines (e.g., Luigi, Airflow, etc.) and data processing (e.g., Presto, Spark, etc.).
- You have more than 2 years of experience in programming (preferably Python) and you work test-driven.
- You have worked with the AWS data stack in the past (e.g., EC2, S3, Redshift, Athena, etc.)
- You have experience in setting up monitoring systems (e.g., Grafana, Prometheus, etc.)
- You are interested in analytics and machine learning and feel confident in mapping different use cases and data requirements from these areas to the right technologies.
- When making decisions, you think about the future already and always keep scalability to the next order of magnitude in mind.
- You have business-oriented thinking and you keep a balance between costs and value.
- You see DevOps as a culture, not a role.
- You are interested in Jodel’s product and eager to improve it with the help of data.
- Flat hierarchies that offer lots of freedom, impact as well as responsibility.
- The right environment to learn new things and personally develop yourself.
- Competitive compensation package and the option to participate in our ESOP system plus an education budget
- Work with a team of young and smart people from fourteen different countries, dedicated to creating a sustainable and influential social media app with millions of passionate users
- Work in a culture that calls open & humble, clever & bold and playful & friendly their core values. We take our work seriously, but ourselves not too much!