At a glance
Are you looking to become a member of an international team and create semiconductor solutions to make life easier, safer and greener? Infineon launches a new Development Center for automotive electronics and artificial intelligence in Dresden and we are looking for talented, committed and creative students to join our team. We are offering you a chance to develop and share your solutions to the characterization of state-of-the-art, complex microcontroller systems. If you are interested in the topics of software or hardware development for automation of lab equipment and measurement optimization, or have an aptitude for data analysis and delivering the results to cross-functional teams, we are here to help you apply these talents to SoC microcontroller products.
State-of-the-art and complex microcontroller systems demand for cutting-edge validation techniques:
- Component Verification
- Validating the already manufactured, packaged devices through investigating their electrical characteristics;
- Setup of measurement equipment (hardware) and test program environment (software) for mixed signal verification of expected functionality;
- Inspecting existing methodologies and discovering new approaches to integrate them into novel applications.
- Test development
- Support the generation of automated test programs for automotive ICs;
- Development of measurement methods for state-of-the-art, test time and throughput-optimized test solutions for both high complexity digital as well as high-power analog circuits fall under the scope of this team;
- Insights into the production test environment of power semiconductors both on wafer and packaged device levels is guaranteed.
- Product Engineering
- Analysis of production and design-related data on a volume basis by applying and adapting state-of-the-art data analysis software packages such as R and Python;
- Grasp and improve complex interactions between Chip Design, Manufacturing and Test;
- Writing scripts for analysis tasks and integrating them into existing data analysis frameworks;
- Big data approaches will help to combine, compress and visualize data of multiple sources.
If a single field interests you: apply now for one of the proposed teams! A tailored internship combining all three areas is available for those wishing to engage their skills on a multi-team level.
Duration: ~ 6 months / full time (40h/week)
Starting date: can be arranged individually
As our ideal candidate, you are equipped with the following:
- Enrollment in a technical study field such as electrical engineering or related fields;
- Knowledge and practical experience in using measurement instruments;
- Experience in data analysis and statistical methods;
- Programming skills, e.g. C++, Python, R, Perl, Matlab;
- Basic know-how about Microcontroller programming like Arduino is a plus;
- Fluent English knowledge with German as a plus.
What we offer you in Dresden
This is the world’s first high-volume production site for power semiconductors on 300 mm wafers