As a ZEISS initiative, we are building and operating a revolutionary online platform for the microscopy science community. The platform provides a marketplace for image processing algorithms and various collaboration functionalities in the cloud. It hosts everything from simple post-processing features to complex machine learning solutions. You will be part of a diverse and autonomous team actively promoting agile processes and the develops culture at ZEISS. Based in Munich we are driven by creativity and a strong desire to shape the digital future.
- Join the APEER team to build “the” cloud-based image processing platform on the market (https://www.apeer.com/)
- Work with a modern technology stack ranging from Kubernetes-based ecosystem in Microsoft Azure cloud, to tools such as Terraform that enables Infrastructure-as-Code
- Be an integral part of an international and cross-functional team of engineers, UX/UI experts and product owners, where you are responsible for the overarching technical solution of our platform
- Create and develop our architecture towards a clean and reactive software solution by actively implementing critical parts of the system together with a team of front- /back-end engineers in an agile process
- Take over technical leadership: drive technical discussions in the team, consult front-/backend engineers to develop sustainable software solutions and constantly look for ideas/solutions to improve the product and the toolchain together with the team
- Drive the collaboration on a technical level with our internal and external partners to ensure the continuous delivery of business values to our customers
- Be a technical leader of the people – by promoting teamwork and collegiality
- A degree in computer science or similar qualification
- Several years of experience in similar role with technical leadership
- A cloud native mindset with a strong experience in designing and developing cloud-based web applications; while understanding the limitations, pitfalls and benefits of cloud services through experience with cloud providers (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
- A good overview of various frameworks, products and architectural design principles, as well as networking and security concepts
- Proficient knowledge and strong skills in backend technologies (e.g. C#/ASP.NET Core), in frontend technologies (e.g. TypeScript and Angular), in containerization technologies (e.g. Docker and Kubernetes), and ideally also in SQL and non-SQL databases
- Experience with DevOps topics like CI/CD, automated testing, configuration of logging and monitoring systems, infrastructure management etc.
- Excellent communication skills in English to convey technical decisions to our clients and experts in non-technical domains
- Proven success working with agile, interdisciplinary development teams
- Relevant experience with other programming languages (e.g. Go) is a plus
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes