At Ada, we envision a world where everyone has access to the healthcare they need. In one of the biggest challenges facing the world, we pioneered a new form of artificial intelligence, combining medical knowledge with intelligent technology to empower millions of people to better understand their health. We're proud to support medical doctors and work with leading health systems and global non-profit organizations. We're a diversely skilled team representing 50 nationalities, and we're growing rapidly to achieve our global ambitions for the future of health. This is just the beginning.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Software / Service Engineer to join our Mobile Software Engineering team in our Berlin HQ. The team is distributed in London and Berlin.
- As a Senior Engineering Expert at Ada, you will work in a cross-functional delivery team of between 4-7 other Engineers to bring our solutions together to the next level(s)
- You will be responsible for extending Ada's Microservices landscape and will focus on domain logic, persistence, service to service communication as well as security to allow for performant and scalable software architecture
- You will be responsible for writing automated tests.
- Implementing domain logic on the service layer will be your core responsibility. We believe in cross-functional people as well as cross-functional teams, so there are always opportunities to influence decisions, support other engineers within your team and work across the full stack.
- You contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Developing and implementing new and highly scalable backend applications are parts of your responsibility
- You will be a part of code reviews as well as use Pair Programming as a methodology to make sure that our code is on a high quality
- You have a strong background in back end development, being experienced in the JVM ecosystem making use of Kotlin (must have) or Java 8s (or higher) functional abilities
- You've developed, deployed & monitored production applications used by real users
- You bring the experience of scalable software architectures and modern software tools as well as desire to "play" with back end technologies
- Our tech stack: Kotlin, Spring Boot, JVM, MongoDB, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, Node.js, Google Cloud Platform, Microservices
- You are proficient in writing automated test and you have a good sense of software quality
- You have expertise in agile development (Scrum or Kanban)
- You bring creativity and the ambition to strive in a constructive and multicultural team
- You are happy to pair, learn, teach, share, communicate and document things every day
- You are fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Work with a high level of autonomy in global, cross-functional teams with smart, purpose-driven peers
- Perks include complimentary onsite German language classes, discounted Urban Sports Club memberships, quarterly team bonding activities, regular social events, and healthy office refreshments
We are looking forward to receiving your application. For further information please contact our Senior Talent Acquisition Manager Ahmet Kivrak at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all applications need to be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail. All your information will be kept confidential according to GDPR guidelines.
- Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated