talpasolutions brings cutting-edge IT technology to the heavy industry. Together with you, we want to shape the future of the industrial internet of things to make industry more productive, safe and sustainable. We are committed to building elegant and robust engineering solutions for our customers. Innovation is our driving force. We foster an inclusive environment that empowers creative thinking and unconventional solutions. It is important to us that everyone knows how his or her efforts contribute to our goals. It is only together that we can redefine the technical limits of an entire industry.
You will be responsible for leading a team of passionate data scientists and engineers who develop our core analytics and data pipelines.
- As a servant leader you empower your team to deliver peak performance at all times and across all projects.
- You make sure the team is aligned with the strategic company vision.
- Creating business value is your guiding star. You team up with stakeholders across the company as a sparring partner to identify high-impact opportunities.
- Data science is as much about asking questions as it is about providing answers. You challenge current assumptions by asking the right questions and support the team in providing the best answers.
- We are growing fast, and data science is leading the way. You make sure that the data science and engineering team is able to support our growth.
- You build data science as a "full-stack" function that can deliver on the entire range of data science and engineering, from cutting-edge machine learning and complex statistics to visionary big data pipelines.
- Innovation is at the core of what we do. You engage with our domain experts and customers to drive innovation in all aspects of data science and engineering.
- For you, "science" is an integral part of data science. You enjoy following the latest trends and developments in the field and contributing back to the data science community through papers, blog posts or talks at conferences and meetups.
- Long-term sustainability and quality are key to what we do. You ensure that we engage in sound engineering and quality practices across the entire stack.
You should bring
- at least three years experience as a data science/engineering team lead in an agile environment
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- hands-on experience of building data science models and big data engineering pipelines for production
- extensive knowledge of machine learning and statistics
- proficiency in Python and typical data science libraries and experience in the Apache big data stack (e.g. Kafka, Spark)
- a graduate degree in a quantitative field
- a keen desire to learn, a self-starter attitude and the ability to thrive in an interdisciplinary and diverse environment
Nice to have
- Start-up experience would be a plus, as would be experience with industrial IoT-sensor data.
We care about you. Here is a glimpse of what makes life at talpasolutions special:
- Our culture is diverse and inclusive. We are one team with many voices.
- Continuous learning is key to our success. We want you to grow and offer trainings, hackathons and conferences.
- We believe in trust. You know how you operate at your best. Free choice of hardware and operating system, flexible working hours and remote working are some ways how we will support you.
- We want your life to be hassle-free. That’s why you will find free food & drinks in our kitchen.
- Bring your whole self to work and find a community. Whatever your passion, you will likely find like-minded people at talpasolutions.
- It is as a team that we operate at our best. We offer regular happiness activities that bring all of us together.
Send us your CV and whatever else you think will support your application. Become part of our journey. Become a talpa!