Use your superior technical knowledge and experience at Agilent Technologies as a Software Support Engineer. You will work within a global team of exceptional engineers investigating, designing, implementing and validating application software and solutions for our instruments and systems used in the pharmaceutical industry. We are developing software and tools to allow analytical instrumentation (e.g. LC, GC, MS) to be controlled by data systems or other applications in the life science and chemical space.
We work together with internal and external partners and competitors to enable them to control Agilent instrumentation or for us to control their instruments.
We are expanding our team to better serve those partners during the development phase and later when analyzing and troubleshooting problems at customer installations.
Your responsibilities as a software support engineer:
- Handle support calls, dispatch and monitor the resolution process
- Troubleshoot technical problems in a complex environment
- Develop effective action plans and coordinate remedy of customer issues
- Support of 3rd party software developers who are writing applications controlling analytical instruments
- Support our partners serving their customers on product issues
- Provide project lifecycle deliverables for own and partner developed projects
- Develop tools and procedures to ensure supportability of the respective solutions
- Develop support and training material (documents, CBT's and classroom trainings)
- The ability to understand complex software/hardware solutions with multiple development parties involved
- Skills to work with 3rd party developers, educating and supporting them to create efficient and high quality solutions
- Ability to explain complex technical matter to a non-expert audience
- Working with support personnel and ultimately customers to quickly identify and remedy problems in their installations