We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer who can join the Buyer Interaction team taking care of customer engagement and experience.
The role can be located in Berlin (Germany), where we have one of our product development hubs. You will work with a multi-functional team covering all aspects of the experience and will be deeply involved in crafting our team's vision.
What will you be doing?
- Work in a multi-functional, culturally-diverse team
- Contribute to the long term vision, design, build and continuously improve our platform
- Research, prototype, suggest and implement new technology solutions following standard methodologies
- Take ownership of the resiliency and availability of our products
- Share knowledge with your colleagues and other teams
- Participate in architectural and system design initiatives
Who are we looking for?
Most importantly we are searching for someone who is very curious, customer-focused, empathic and passionate for solving engineering problems and building products which improve the lives of customers. Specifically, we are ideally looking for the following experience and skills:
- 1+ years of experience Java and/or Kotlin.
- Knowledge in deploying services to production on a cloud service provider (Ideally AWS).
- Background working with relational databases as well as non-relational databases, e.g. MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Memcached.
- A huge plus, if you know DevOps technology like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Bonus points for experience with Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, CI/CD
- Responsible for the work, motivated by the quality of delivered solutions
- Able to think from a user perspective — it's important not only to know how to seek a technical problem but also to understand why
- Strong team-player, open discussions and for cross hub collaborations
What will we give you?
- A workplace where trust, empowerment and feedback are valued; a positive and inspiring working atmosphere.
- Office in the city centre of Berlin with a kitchen and game area, and height-adjustable tables.
- Flexible working hours and the option to do a home office.
- Mentoring; personal branding support passionate about leadership; diverse career opportunities.
- An international team of smart and hardworking people.
- Open mindset for new technologies and processes.
- Access to an online learning platform with 20.000 online courses for coding, management techniques, languages and many more.
What do you need to know about us?
- OLX is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 19 brands, +45 countries, +5000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- We are proud to be different, and we operate differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100-year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope you join us! If you’d like to learn more about OLX Group take a look at the other parts of our website. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.