At Blue Yonder, we employ state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms to generate hundreds of millions of microdecisions for large retail enterprises every day. Full automation allows us to shape supply chains and set selling prices such that customers never face empty shelves, less groceries go to waste, and fashion stores no longer end up with heaps of surplus clothes at the end of season.
Our retail products run on the Blue Yonder platform that provides all necessary services to deliver best decisions to our customers. Our platform defines standard APIs for customer payload data exchange and offers the computational punch for our data scientists, scaling from a single CPU to hundreds of cores and terabytes of RAM within seconds. All this happens for all customers on the same shared infrastructure hosted on Microsoft Azure.
As one of a few companies world wide, we have solved the tough problem of bringing data science to production while keeping costs and operations at bay. Now part of the global Blue Yonder family, we continue to relentlessly drive innovation to pursue our vision of the autonomous supply chain. On the way, we have solved, and will solve plenty of interesting and challenging problems, and we would love to have you on board for that journey.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (m/f/d) to support our application teams in Karlsruhe, Germany.
• Work together with our data scientists and engineers to advance our product providing optimized decisions for the retail industry
• Design and development of data-intensive optimization systems written in C++ and Python
• Working in an agile team with an emphasis on quality, testability, and automation
• 2-3 years commercial experience outside of education
• In-depth knowledge of modern C++ is essential
• Knowledge of Python and its open source ecosystem is advantageous
• Experience designing, building and maintaining productive software with high performance requirements
• Proficiency with statistics and optimization
• Passion for software craftsmanship and interest in agile methods such as Kanban, TDD and pair programming
• Currently living a commutable distance to our office in Karlsruhe, Germany.
We live for pushing artificial intelligence forward and scalable solutions. Joining our team means you can look forward to working with our people on realizing creative ideas and see how they operate in the resulting solutions. Mutual respect, friendly relationships and results-oriented work are an important part of our environment. We strive to be a family-friendly business and are open to modern working structures. We enjoy delivering the highest-quality work and like clean coding just as much as our social barbecues, contributing to open source projects, discussing new technologies and spending quality time with our families at home.
We believe that the individuality and diversity of our employees make a decisive contribution to our success. Our hiring process is based on qualifications and career profile. We welcome applications from all motivated candidates, regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, origin or religion.
Supply Chain Nation
If you want to know the heart of a company, take a look at their values. Ours unite us. They are what drive our success – and the success of our customers. Does your heart beat like ours? Find out here: Core Values
Check out Blue Yonder's blog - Supply Chain Nation - the platform for supply chain trends and innovations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.