Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding Avionics Systems Engineer with extensive aerospace experience with Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) systems to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This position will report into our Electronic & Electrical Engineering department and will contribute, as part of an integrated cross functional team, to the electric and electronic systems architecture, design, certification and delivery of the Lilium Jet.
You will have a chance in shaping the future of mobility by not only defining the CNS systems but also developing components and coordinating with regulatory partners/suppliers.
You will take responsibility for the development of these subsystems and components while ensuring their compliance to relevant safety standards.
Your Day to Day:
- Design system architecture for above mentioned systems
- Take ownership of your system(s) and manage its whole implementation cycle
- Develop, challenge and continuously improve system's and item's technical concepts
- Define system's functional and safety architecture
- Define requirements for subsystems and components
- Work together with other departments and external suppliers to find the simplest and most elegant solutions
- Continuously improve your tools and methods
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- M.Sc , M.Eng. or PhD in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or a related field required
- 5 to 10 years of experience in aerospace communication, navigation and surveillance systems is necessary, 10-20 years of experience are highly appreciated
- 3 years of experience in leading a team is necessary
- Experience in ATA34 and ATA23 system development in civil sector
- Experience with Air-Ground datalink systems and protocols including ACARS ATS messages, Aeronautical Operational Control (AOC) messages and CPDLC.
- Knowledge of the requirements defined in ICAO PBN Manual and CS-ACNS
- Experience with hardware and software development process according to DO 178B/C, DO 254 and ARP4754
- Experience in developing or supervising development of Predicted RAIM monitoring applications for meeting high integrity and high continuity PVT (Position, Velocity, Time) requirements would be highly appreciated
- Hands-on experience with aerospace product development
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial