At Ada, we envision a world where everyone has access to the healthcare they need. In one of the biggest challenges facing the world, we pioneered a new form of artificial intelligence, combining medical knowledge with intelligent technology to empower millions of people to better understand their health. We're proud to support medical doctors and work with leading health systems and global non-profit organizations. We're a diversely skilled team representing 50 nationalities, and we're growing rapidly to achieve our global ambitions for the future of health. This is just the beginning.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Software Security Engineer to join our Security team in our Berlin HQ. As a Software (Security) Engineer, you would be part of the Security Engineering team and be responsible for helping Ada deliver products with the highest level of security and privacy, complying to all needed regulations and standards. Namely, you would work in a small security-focused team, which also collaborates with development teams in each team, to create tools and practices to make our software safe for our millions of users. You will work with cutting edge cloud-based microservice architecture and have the chance to learn a lot as well as to propose and contribute with your own ideas.
- Develop tools to enable teams to find issues during development and in CI/CD and supporting teams working hands on with them
- Research and learn new security best practices, in order to evaluate adoption
- Use open source tools (e.g. OWASP, pentesting, dependency checking, etc.) and practices (e.g. threat modeling) to ensure software meets security standards
- Participate in shaping a secure architecture through the whole software development life cycle
- Help shape processes and guidelines for secure code development and work with other teams for all the mentioned purposes
- You will be responsible for extending Ada's Microservices landscape and will focus on domain logic, persistence, service to service communication as well as security to allow for performant and scalable software architecture
- You will be responsible for writing automated tests
- Strong interest in security engineering, privacy and compliance and willing to work in a highly regulated environment
- Prior experience with at least one security area (e.g. frontend, backend, etc.) and willing to work more on security
- Good understanding of practical use of cryptography
- Good understanding of CI/CD and DevOps practices is beneficial (e.g. infra as code, containers, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to work in a team and support other people
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Work with a high level of autonomy in global, cross-functional teams with smart, purpose-driven peers
- Perks include complimentary onsite German language classes, discounted Urban Sports Club memberships, quarterly team bonding activities, regular social events, and healthy office refreshments
We are looking forward to receiving your application. For further information please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all applications need to be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail. All your information will be kept confidential according to GDPR guidelines.
- Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated