The company: Architrave
Our mission at Architrave is to revolutionise the processes and workflows within the Real Estate industry, by building and providing a data-driven SaaS platform. The vision is not only to transfer paper into documents but to really digitalise the industry.
We strive for constant innovation using state of the art technology, to not only extract data but to analyse and learn from it, using Machine Learning and other Big Data technologies in order to create real value and a unique experience for our customers.
Be part of this one-of-a-kind organisation and join us in our journey towards the revolution of data and Real Estate.
The team: Team Document
Our team owns Architrave's new Document Management System (which is more than you'd expect ).
Our mission is to make the ingestion of documents smart and frictionless while making the discovery of documents and their data intuitive and fast. To help us accomplish that mission, we're looking for a Senior TypeScript Engineer to join our team and help us build backend services.
- Build TypeScript backend services to support our new Document Management System
- Design, implement and document (for internal and external use) GraphQL and RESTful APIs used by our frontend applications and other backend services
- Design and implement data storage solutions for files (S3), structured and arbitrary data and data relations (Postgres, MongoDB and other NoSQL solutions)
- Design/architect and implement interfaces between our services and the services of our other products using AWS managed services SQS, SNS.
- Take a major role in the decision-making of Architrave's service-oriented architecture
- Help and mentor less-experienced engineers to develop further
- Senior knowledge in TypeScript and popular backend frameworks and libraries (e.g. Express, Next.js, TypeORM, Sequelize, Prisma) as well as profound knowledge in at least one other language. Knowledge in Apollo server and Python are pluses.
- Professional experience with AWS.
- Experience in service-oriented architectures with a clear understanding of advantages and pitfalls.
- Advanced knowledge in modelling and storing structured data.
- An analytic mindset to find simple solutions to complex problems.
- Great communication skills to explain complexity in a simple and clear way.
- Experience and a strong belief in agile software engineering.
Eagerness to experiment with new technologies while assessing them objectively.
- A desire to constantly learn and improve your own skills as well as helping and mentoring junior teammates
- The sense of ownership for the services you build; your team builds it, your team runs and owns it.
- User-driven and value-driven mindset.
- Fluent in written and verbal English communication. German is not mandatory, but a plus.
- A competitive compensation, flexible working hours and a family-friendly work ethic
- A great place to grow and to take over responsibility, professionally and personally
- Short and open communication flows and quick decision-making processes
- A working environment that values individuals and embraces knowledge sharing
- A highly motivated and talented team that likes to delivers great work while having a good time
- Company and team events that include table-tennis competition, cooking and jokes with great potential from our CEO and founder Maurice
- A beautiful and modern office in Berlin - near Treptower Park - where you can go to work, play table-tennis, have meetings and hang out with your colleagues
- A fully equipped kitchen and dining area with free drinks in our Berlin Office
- Employee discounts for BVG, Urban Sports Club, LPG Biomarkt and more
So, what are you waiting for? Hit that "Apply for This Job" button and send us your application!
Know someone else who might also be interested? Share this page with them! Thanks a bunch!
Being an employer providing equal opportunities, Architrave strives for a diverse, inclusive and healthy working environment. We invite all qualified humans to apply, regardless of ethnicity, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity
We're happy to have our employees working in our office or remotely.
Currently, remote employees are expected to live in Germany in order to be able to join team events and meetings physically from time to time, if meaningful and secure.
In order to contribute to our society and healthcare system, during the COVID-19 pandemic going to the office is not required, nor encouraged.
Nevertheless, our office in Berlin will remain open (while allowed) with limited capacity for those who need or want to use it.
Our office follows all guidelines from the health authorities.
After the pandemic, we expect our remote employees to be able to join us in our regular company and team events a few times a year.
Find us on Glassdoor!