Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Data Science plays a vital role in Klarna’s operation. Historically, our focus areas have revolved around real-time risk decision-making for transactions. This can either pertain to credit assessment for individuals or identification of fraudulent transactions. Since then we have added many new data science areas such predicting customer lifetime value, predicting return behavior in e-commerce, etc.
As a (Senior) Data Scientist you will:
- Develop state of the art models to classify transactions and individuals
- Bring your ideas to production using AWS
- Be involved in the whole process of model development. This includes everything from root cause analysis, data collection and feature engineering to training, validating and implementing machine learning models, computing performance statistics and live model monitoring
- Work closely with several engineering teams and business analysts to find new and smart ways of consolidating data and making use of it in order to make better models and ultimately better predictions
- Be part of the Engineering organisation. Hence your workflow will be software-driven in terms of deploying models to production, using version control, and in general employing software engineering best practices
- Be innovative, cooperative, collaborative, open and have a flexible mindset with critical thinking
In order to be successful in this role we believe that you will have:
- Strong programming skills in Python, SQL and experience with popular machine/deep learning packages (e.g. scikit-learn, keras, tensorflow, mxnet)
Experience with & knowledge of:
- Cloud platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud;
- Big data using Hive, Spark, EMR
- The theoretical foundations of classical and recent machine learning models and algorithms, such as generalized linear models, random forests and ensemble methods, deep neural networks etc.
A degree from a university in a highly technically numerate subject (e.g. Maths, Physics, Engineering or Economics).
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 18 different markets, hosted by +3000 people from 90 nationalities