- Analyze manufacturing, equipment and vehicle data and extract useful statistics and insights about failures in order to drive meaningful improvements to production quality and customer experience
- Work effectively with engineers and conduct end-to-end analyses, from data requirement gathering, to data processing and modeling
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Monitor key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and depict the story via dashboards and reports
- Maintain existing data visualizations, data pipelines and dashboard enhancement requests
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Automate analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL and Python based ETL framework
- Drive underlying data systems improvement by working with key cross-functional stakeholders
- Perform data quality validations to ensure data creation is as per the business needs and expectations
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Extensive experience writing software with Python
- Experience with multiple data architecture paradigms (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Kafka, Spark)
- Knowledge of various data communication protocols (e.g. REST API, Websockets)
- Able to work under pressure while collaborating and managing competing demands with tight deadlines
- A passion and curiosity for data and data-driven decision making
- Experience with open source machine learning libraries and frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, etc)
- Familiarity with continuous integration pipelines (Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes)
- Drive to introduce a predictive model to a production environment
- Success building and tuning image classification models
- MS in engineering, physics, mathematics, or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience.
Besides tangible skills, this position will also require the person to
- Have high attention to details.
- Be a team player and have the ability to collaborate well across diverse functional groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to manage and communicate the health and integrity of the data and systems.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing is a plus