HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Lead and develop a team of data scientists. Provide technical and functional mentorship to advance your group’s specialization and deepen your knowledge to claim thought leadership in data science. Take pride to solve the toughest business challenges and deliver high quality data products
- Lead cross-functional project teams in the execution of our data & analytics strategy. Use agile methods and establish an environment of constant learning, integrity, and mutual responsibility. Be passionate about exploring emerging technologies and leveraging their full potential
- Determine business goals and derive analytics objectives. Translate objectives into a project plan for your team, covering data collection, data preparation, statistical analysis, modelling, and algorithm development. Plan and execute transition from prototype to product together with the data engineering team
- Establish yourself as a data science ambassador across business units and functions
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. physics, mathematics, bioinformatics, [computer] science); PhD is an asset
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a data science or advanced analytics environment
- Ability to collaborate closely with non-technical teams. Eagerness to consult and drive data literacy within the company
- Track record of delivering data science products from idea to deployment. Proficiency in converting business needs into specific tasks for your team
- Deep hands-on experience in various data science areas (e.g. machine learning, Bayesian networks, statistics). Excellent coding skills (e.g. Python, Spark). Experience with MCMC frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow Probability) is a plus
- Track record of solving challenges centered on small amounts of data and uncertainty quantification
- Proficiency in mentoring and guiding data scientist
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Fluent English language skills; German is an asset
JOB ID: 20009569Contract & Job type: Full Time, RegularContact information for application-related questions: Recruitment-Germany@henkel.com