For our Marketing Bioprocess Solutions unit (Sartorius Stedim Biotech) we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer (m|f|d) in Goettingen. In this position you are responsible for technically preparing and making data available for a wide range of analytics and reporting work, with the goal of improving business activities and processes.
What you will accomplish together with us
- You analyze and understand data sets from various internal & external sources
- You create and maintain data models to make information available in a user-friendly fashion for use in data analytics
- In addition, you create, maintain and develop the marketing data environment, including overall architecture and ETL processes
- You define standards and best practices for the activities described above
What will convince us
- You have a university degree in engineering, computer science or natural sciences with an emphasis on informatics
- You master at least one procedural programming language such as R or Python
- You have experience in data modeling , designing and implementing data warehouses/analytical databases and implementing ETL pipelines
- You know relational databases (such as Oracle, SQL Server) and SQL
- Reporting & data visualization experience is a plus for you
- You have demonstrable working experience in a corporate environment, interfacing with data scientists and business users
- You have an analytical mindset and you deal good with numbers (data understanding ability), in addition you have good communication skills
- You speak fluent English
- You identify yourself with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment
What we offer
Sartorius’ ambition is to simplify progress in the bio-pharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. Nearly 10,000 employees at more than 60 sites are working together on achieving our goal: Better health for more people. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Enjoy the advantages of working with a global player:
- Opportunity for international career development: a global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
- Open and highly collaborative culture: mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
- Work-life balance: Working from home at many sites
- Intelligent working environment: working in smart buildings with the latest technology and equipment
- Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years and expects to grow its global team to approximately 15,000 people in 2025.
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
Further insights into our world of work can be found here.
Reference NumberR6693Job BeginJanuary 01, 2021Employment ModeFull timePositionRegularFunctional AreaMarketingLocationGoettingen(Germany)